SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#326842 - 06/20/11 05:02 PM Updating Audya 4
gruhs Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
Not having any luck with update. I have the download of 4.1b on my desktop but according to instructions have not yet turned Audya on and when I double click the icon it says "audya not found" there fore cannot continue with step 5 where I'm supposed to click on something that says "start update". Are the instructions correct that I can supposedly send an update to the Audya that's not yet turned on? Instructions say not to turn on Audya until step 7.

#326846 - 06/20/11 06:15 PM Re: Updating Audya 4 [Re: gruhs]
leezone Offline

gruhs,

please do not take offense but
i would STRONGLY suggest you ask someone who knows to walk you through the entire process, or do a video call with someone...

updating the OS must be done correctly, and by someone who knows how
otherwise your AUDYA may never boot again without taking in for service,

#326847 - 06/20/11 06:23 PM Re: Updating Audya 4 [Re: leezone]
gruhs Offline

No offense taken... I'm admittedly not the biggest brain in the group but believe the forum is for discussing and learning. The Audya instructions sure leave alot of us trying to learn how to deal with it. Have a good evening

#326848 - 06/20/11 07:03 PM Re: Updating Audya 4 [Re: gruhs]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: gruhs
Not having any luck with update. I have the download of 4.1b on my desktop but according to instructions have not yet turned Audya on and when I double click the icon it says "audya not found" there fore cannot continue with step 5 where I'm supposed to click on something that says "start update". Are the instructions correct that I can supposedly send an update to the Audya that's not yet turned on? Instructions say not to turn on Audya until step 7.

My 2 cents: I think that the issue is that you are no turning ON you Audya4 when you connect it to the PC.

1- Turn on your PC
2- After PC is on and you can see the Desktop,connect the USB cable to the back of you Audya4 and the other end to a USB port in the PC.
3- TURN ON YOUR AUDYA4
4- Wait for 2 minutes
5- Open "My Computer" if you have a Windows PC.
6- You are suppose to see an Icon that read "audya" with a Hard Disk icon. On the Audya4, the screen will read USB with an arrow, meaning that you are connected to the PC.
7- If you don't see the Audya icon in "My Computer" you can't do the update. You need to find out why your PC can't see the Audya HD icon in you PC. Maybe bad cable? Bad USB port?
8- If you can see the Audya Icon in your PC, do the update as instructed by Ketron.

Edited by Machetero (06/20/11 07:20 PM)

#326850 - 06/20/11 07:46 PM Re: Updating Audya 4 [Re: Machetero]
gruhs Offline

This is what I suspect, that the audya should be on earlier than the Ketron instructions say but I was hoping that someone who has already updated would verify that the step by step instructions are incorrect. At what point do you hold down both F10 and Unplugged buttons and turn on Audya? Thanks for your opinion on this.

Edited by gruhs (06/20/11 08:07 PM)

#326863 - 06/21/11 02:48 AM Re: Updating Audya 4 [Re: gruhs]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Make sure your USB is not on Midi, as I suspect it is.

#326881 - 06/21/11 10:10 AM Re: Updating Audya 4 [Re: gruhs]
Machetero Offline

Originally Posted By: gruhs
This is what I suspect, that the audya should be on earlier than the Ketron instructions say but I was hoping that someone who has already updated would verify that the step by step instructions are incorrect. At what point do you hold down both F10 and Unplugged buttons and turn on Audya? Thanks for your opinion on this.

You are right.
1-After the update is done from the PC to the Audya4, you.. 2-Disconnect the cable either in the PC side or the Audya4 side,
3-Power OFF the audya4
4- Power ON the Audya4 holding down the F10 and Unplugged at the same time and let the software do the update ( you will see the LEDs in the left side flashing).
5- When it it finish, the Audya4 will ask you for a final power OFF/Power on and finish the update.
6- Them you will be ready to go.

#326911 - 06/21/11 04:41 PM Re: Updating Audya 4 [Re: Machetero]
gruhs Offline

Thanks Machetero, think I have all pieces of the puzzle now :-)

#326980 - 06/22/11 05:42 PM Re: Updating Audya 4 [Re: gruhs]
gruhs Offline

Alright it's done. Was quick and smooth, no problems. One of my main complaints was fixed... the "swell to right". NOw it works as it should. Thanks for all the help.

#327040 - 06/23/11 10:50 AM Re: Updating Audya 4 [Re: gruhs]
Machetero Offline

Great !!!

I am happy that is working for you.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online