SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#326894 - 06/21/11 01:16 PM Tyros3 saving settings?
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
I've spent hours today with my Tyros3 setting up the MIC, EQ, Compression and main balance settings. But now I'm strugling to find a way to save them all? I want those settings to be global, no matter what style or music finder entry I select - I want the MIC EQ/COMP/FX to stay the same, and the Style, Mic, and Right volume to stay the same - unchanged.

I've scoured the manuals and google, but I'm no closer to finding out how - any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

DocZ

#326902 - 06/21/11 02:42 PM Re: Tyros3 saving settings? [Re: doc-z]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Doc,

The information can be saved in a registration. Press the Registration Memory button, which opens the Registration Memory Contents Page. Place a check-mark in all the appropriate boxes, which in this case will be: Style and Mic.

Now, the problem that I foresee is you want the right-hand voice volume to remain unchanged. Unfortunately, the volume of the right voice is determined by the OTS setting of that particular style. Therefore if you change right hand voices within that particular style, the right hand voice volume will revert to what it was set to when the style was created.

The only work-around for this is to create individual registrations for each OTS voice that you wish to use during the performance of that particular song. It's not difficult, but it is somewhat time consuming. Keep in mind that you have up to 8 registrations to work with and they can all be dedicated to a single song, so you have lots of options. If you opt to do this, uncheck everything in the Registration Memory Contents Page other than Voice. In doing this you will only change the voice and selecting the next registration will not have any effect on the style, tempo, etc.. of that registration.

If you are using 3rd-Party styles you can change the right-hand voice volume using the Mixing Console, then save that information to the style using the keyboard's onboard Style Creator program. It's fairly easy to use, and the changes are permanent.

Also, you can use the Parameter Lock to anchor your mic settings so they remain global while changing to another registration bank. This is done by pressing Function/Utility then tabbing down to Parameter lock. Place a checkmark in the EQ and Mic boxes after selecting the initial setup registration and both the EQ and Mic settings will be retained throughout your performance. However, when the keyboard is turned off the MIC settings will revert to default, therefore you must reset them when you set up for your next performance.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#326904 - 06/21/11 02:53 PM Re: Tyros3 saving settings? [Re: doc-z]
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Thank you Gary, lots of great information as always.

so there is no way to save these settings so that they override the default settings? I now understand why people use registrations so much. I've been using the Music Finder thingy, but I guess I have to redo everything and build up registrations... or maybe I can make one "setup" registration, and then use the "lock" to keep everything setup correctly and stay that way?

DocZ

#326906 - 06/21/11 03:11 PM Re: Tyros3 saving settings? [Re: doc-z]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Doc,

I use the Music Finder a lot, and I love it. I also use about two dozen third-party style files that I have fine tuned for specific songs and right hand voices. Those styles are stored in the keyboard's onboard memory and can readily be accessed by the Music Finder.

I recently set up a friend's PSR-3000 with a registration bank of right hand voices. The registration bank was labeled "Voices" and each of the 8 registrations has two voices--R1 and R2. They can be selected independently, and and layered, which is great. And each of those voices is custom tuned with their own volume levels. For example, I created a great, grand-piano voice that is an octave lower, has a fair amount of echo and reverb, and the volume is 115. I then created a string layer, without changing the octave, but it too has some reverb, but no echo. That was done using the keyboard's onboard Sound Creator program, which is really incredible. The piano voice I used was a GM voice, which is not stereo sampled and works extremely well using the Bose L1 Compact.

The bank of 8 registrations took just an hour to create, and now he has some incredible right hand voices to work with. And, selecting them does not interfere with the song registration he's performing the song with.

Lots and lots of options available, all of which are easily accessible,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online