SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#326727 - 06/18/11 09:17 AM Audya vs Korg PA3X Pro
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
What do you folks think? What would you buy and why?

Deane

#326728 - 06/18/11 09:25 AM Re: Audya vs Korg PA3X Pro [Re: hammer]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I've owned Ketron products before and found them to be awesome in tone, but out of the norm in design and service. It's true - demos of both sound amazing, but I would place more trust in the track record of Korg than I would in Ketron. I have used Korg products for over 30 years, and found them to be ultra reliable and musical. There is no "best fit" for everyone, but you asked for advice, and that's the best I can give.
Some of my best recordings are from my X-1, but there were always issues with comfort. For me - Korg has the best package for what I need most:
Let's face it - all the high end stuff has great sounds & styles, but I need more:

*Powerful monitor speakers that handle my vocals well
*Super harmony with the onboard TC unit
*Flexible playback options for SMF/MP3/Live

Korg gives me all three. When someone does it better - I'll listen.

#326733 - 06/18/11 10:58 AM Re: Audya vs Korg PA3X Pro [Re: hammer]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
For realistic style sounds = Audya

For realistic sounds = PA3x

For beautiful integration = T4

Ideal hardware arranger = All the 3 above combined into 1

NOTE: These would be my personal preferences if I was forced into having to buy a hardware arranger, fortunately I’m not, so I can have what I want, rather than what the manufacture allows me to have.

NOTE 2: It is unlikely there will ever be one that’s fits all, so go with what your ears and feel (Assuming you try it first) tell you is the best.

Hope this helps

Bill

#326751 - 06/18/11 04:51 PM Re: Audya vs Korg PA3X Pro [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
For realistic style sounds = Audya

For realistic sounds = PA3x

For beautiful integration = T4

Ideal hardware arranger = All the 3 above combined into 1

NOTE: These would be my personal preferences if I was forced into having to buy a hardware arranger, fortunately I’m not, so I can have what I want, rather than what the manufacture allows me to have.

NOTE 2: It is unlikely there will ever be one that’s fits all, so go with what your ears and feel (Assuming you try it first) tell you is the best.

Hope this helps

Bill

Send that shortlist to Roland...

They seem to be lost and not having a clue what people really want.... If they could add the VST integration from OAS then they would hot the nail on the head

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online