SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#326525 - 06/14/11 06:06 PM Wed Gig Pics (Shade of Pale and Montunoman)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Paul (Montunoman) took these on his iPhone and sent these to my Android smartphone today. These nice smile gig shots he took of sz member buddy Tye (Shade of Pale) at his band's wedding gig in Dallas the other day.
Perhaps Paul and/or Tye can provide details about the event, the music equipment used, band member config, and song repertoire, etc. cool

1st pic: Paul (Montuman) on left, and Tye on right: Tyros 3 above, Audya 5 below

2nd pic: Paul playing Tye's Tyros 3

Attachments
IMG950738.jpg

IMG950140_3.jpg

#326537 - 06/14/11 09:20 PM Re: Wed Gig Pics (Shade of Pale and Montunoman) [Re: Scottyee]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks Scott for posting those pics. Tye was kind enough to invite me to play percussion with his band Rendition. His wife sings great and they have a young guitarist that plays very good too. Rendition is a variety band that all sorts of popular American, Latin, and Asian music. Very nice mix of music.

On this gig the room is a very strange shape and the space for the band to set up was very limited. We used my Bose Compacts and they sounded great throughout the whole club.

Tye goes back and forth between his Audya and Tyros 3. Its really an awesome rig. It funny how much debate goes on here about which keyboard is better. His Ketron and Yamaha live in perfect harmony and make beautiful music together:)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#326599 - 06/15/11 07:13 PM Re: Wed Gig Pics (Shade of Pale and Montunoman) [Re: montunoman]
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
thanks Scott and Paul, that was the wedding gig on 6-12-11 at Park City club in Dallas. Here's some details for you Scott:-
first, our band consists of me on arranger keyboards using styles, so that cover drum, bass, and accompaniement, my guitarist, and a female singer, about 95% of our performance are with vocals, all three of us sings leads and back up vocals, our song repertoire's kind of a mix of a lot of oldies, easy listening, some light top 40(Dido, Sade, Jason Mraz, Bruno Mars, etc.), depends on who we play for, for examples, we played 2-3 chinese songs( pretty much all we know, since we are from Bangkok, Thailand and don't speak a word of Chinese) on this party, since it is majority Chinese, but all but 2-3 songs are Americans, oh we did play maybe4 latin songs, to Paul amusement, lol.

About my set up, Audya5, and Tyros3(which I bought from a gentleman synthzone member. they both sound good, still missing my SD1 though. I'm trying to get used to operation of Audya so I can use 1 arranger only, with other keyboard as sound source, I like having 2 keyboards, unnecessarily but I like it. one of these days I'll give you my review of keyboard.

Paul's percussion gave us so much more human's touch, Paul is very good keyboardist, maybe on a shy side, he is a wonderful percussionist as well, love playing with him, and we will again. It's also the first time I've heard and using 2 Bose compact, sounds very good, especially the shape of the room we were in.
My apology if this is boring or long, I'm trying to answer questions, thanks again

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online