SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#326108 - 06/07/11 07:40 PM Re: Korg PA3X: Chord Sequencer Feature Benefits ! [Re: ianmcnll]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: miden
Exactly, Dennis...looking forward to it. wink

Ian

Well Ian, if the OP deigns to explain dissin' me, and maybe even an apology...then this owner MAY consider doing just that.

Dennis

Dennis, all I can say is I heard no disrespectful words about you from the OP, who was doing his very best to help you with a new instrument.

If you felt you were disrespected, then you should take this up personally, and in private, with the OP, who, as far as I know, was not aware this was happening.

Ian

Hey m8, don't sweat it...It don't jar me none at all!!

This is about it for SZ posting for me for a while again...just busy with other stuff

CYA

D

#326109 - 06/07/11 07:43 PM Re: Korg PA3X: Chord Sequencer Feature Benefits ! [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: Dnj
If your playing in full KB mode why the need for the CS?

There just certain types of chords an arranger not going to understand. Try playing a montuno pattern on full keyboard setting and see what happens.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#326110 - 06/07/11 07:45 PM Re: Korg PA3X: Chord Sequencer Feature Benefits ! [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
If your playing in full KB mode why the need for the CS?

There just certain types of chords an arranger not going to understand. Try playing a montuno pattern on full keyboard setting and see what happens.

so all the hoopla about "Rootless chord" recognition on some of these arrangers is a myth or does it really work?

#326111 - 06/07/11 07:47 PM Re: Korg PA3X: Chord Sequencer Feature Benefits ! [Re: ianmcnll]
montunoman Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
This is a feature I'd LOVE to have.

BTW, Paul, I really enjoyed your two recorded pieces that Larry uploaded...exceptional playing, slick arranging, and the vocals were excellent.

Ian

Well thank you so much Ian for taking the time to listen. I wish I could go to one of your Tyros 4 clinics. As far as I know we have nothing like that down here:(

#326112 - 06/07/11 08:06 PM Re: Korg PA3X: Chord Sequencer Feature Benefits ! [Re: Scottyee]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I may be the only one doing this live---but, I gig on a S910 with the auto rhythms (songs) already sequenced and stored on a USB drive. That frees up both hands for soloing, etc.. Works great in my situation. Played for 300 people tonight with a drummer and horn man. Worked like a charm.

#326113 - 06/07/11 08:07 PM Re: Korg PA3X: Chord Sequencer Feature Benefits ! [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
so all the hoopla about "Rootless chord" recognition on some of these arrangers is a myth or does it really work?
Donny: the specific 'rootless chords' voicings I outlined over the years here works fine, and in all 12 keys. cool
These are 3 note altered versions of the most commonly understood & played by jazz pianists II-V-I '4 note' rootless jazz chord voicings (both A & B variety)
of which I've repeatedly outlined in detail, and now supported on Technics, Yamaha, Ketron and Korg arrangers.

Of course there will probably be other variations of rootless chords that aren't recognized, but until an arranger manufacturer adds a custom 'user definable' chord recognition palette feature,
I seriously doubt these will be added to the existing palette, especially if the chords already serve a duo function recognizing the chord voicing as something far more commonly understood. Because of this limitation, the addition of a "Chord Sequencer" is a good way to get around that problem. - Scott smile

#326114 - 06/07/11 08:22 PM Re: Korg PA3X: Chord Sequencer Feature Benefits ! [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

[quote=montunoman][quote=Dnj]so all the hoopla about "Rootless chord" recognition on some of these arrangers is a myth or does it really work?

Scott was kind enough to call me and explain to me the types of rootless chords that work on Yamaha and how he sets of the spilt points. It does work fine however there are so many types of rootless chords and some could be interpreted in so many ways. A chord sequencer would free me up so much!

#326115 - 06/07/11 08:23 PM Re: Korg PA3X: Chord Sequencer Feature Benefits ! [Re: J. Larry]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: J. Larry
I may be the only one doing this live---but, I gig on a S910 with the auto rhythms (songs) already sequenced and stored on a USB drive. That frees up both hands for soloing, etc.. Works great in my situation. Played for 300 people tonight with a drummer and horn man. Worked like a charm.

Exactly Larry Styles, CS, SMF's are ALL just variations of SMF...
how you operate them is up to the player.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online