I've received email/PM questions from a couple of people asking what the new Korg PA3X Chord Sequencer feature is about,
and what (if any) benefits it actually offers the arranger player. First of all, here's how it works:

The PA3X's chord sequencer gives us the ability to record a chord progression while performing in 'auto accompaniment arranger mode' on-the-fly,
and then having the recorded auto accompaniment chord progression loop, freeing up our fingers to play the keyboard freely,
without requiring us to play limited restricted chord voicing in order to trigger correct auto accompaniment chords.

Two distinct advantages of having a chord sequencer are:

1) Ability of Left Hand to (at any/all times) access pitch bend and mod wheels resulting in far more realistic & expressive RH instrumental soloing.

2) free up the ability to play more pianistic-ally, opening up the possibility for far more creative live play keyboard soloing possibilities,
without the fear of it adversely affecting the auto accompaniment chord recognition.

Here's just one example of utilizing the chord sequencer in an AABA song (8 bars each sec) played twice.

1) 1st A: play auto accomp mode.
2) 2nd A: play in auto accomp mode.
3) B Section: play in auto accomp mode
4) 3rd A: enable chord sequencer REC.
At end of 3rd A: Stop chord sequencer rec.
Chord sequencer (8 bar) loop playback automatically begins.
5) AA: Solo freely over the recorded auto accomp sequence.
6) B: Disengage the recorded auto accomp looped playback and play in auto accomp arranger mode again.
7) Final A: play in auto accomp mode.

I'm really anxious to get my hands on a Korg PA3X to try out the chord sequencer because I see a terrific live performance benefit to it,
as it promises to bring 'live play' arranger keyboard performance possibilities to a higher more professionally impressive sounding level.

I hope Korg produces & posts soon, a dedicated video to specifically demonstrate & showcase these important chord sequencer benefits. cool