SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#325900 - 06/04/11 04:14 PM I found allot more BUGS....
Dnj Offline

Just got home from a big backyard BBQ birthday bash gig..... all was going well until it started to get darker and the freakin' Mosquitoes came out for their nightly Buffet "ME" Grrrrr!!!
It started with a few nipping here and there smacking them off me more and more until it became very annoying.......I ran out to my truck and remembered I always keep some DEEP WOODS OFF in the glove box....oh yeah baby a few sprays of this on my bare areas and Shangrila baby!!!...... I returned to the stage and completed my performance without another bite.
My point is always be prepared !

#325902 - 06/04/11 04:48 PM Re: I found allot more BUGS.... [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Donny,

Mosquitoes are pretty bad here in Cape Breton in the summer, and autumn...tiny black flies (no-see-ums) are very bad as well.

Most people spray Listerine around their decks, doorways and screens.

What kind of a Birthday Party was it, Donny (for a kid, or someone older)...and what kind of stuff did you play?

What did you use for PA?

Ian

#325903 - 06/04/11 04:52 PM Re: I found allot more BUGS.... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

90th birthday party, mixed family crowd all ages

Sinatra, Moonlight Serenade, to YMCA

Two Mackie Thumps powered 15" PA

Edited by Dnj (06/04/11 05:18 PM)

#325904 - 06/04/11 07:39 PM Re: I found allot more BUGS.... [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Ever try this?

Edited by lahawk (06/04/11 07:42 PM)

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#325907 - 06/04/11 08:12 PM Re: I found allot more BUGS.... [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Just got home from a big backyard BBQ birthday bash gig..... all was going well until it started to get darker and the freakin' Mosquitoes came out for their nightly Buffet "ME" Grrrrr!!!
It started with a few nipping here and there smacking them off me more and more until it became very annoying.......I ran out to my truck and remembered I always keep some DEEP WOODS OFF in the glove box....

Hi Donny, cool
A successful outdoor summer evening party gig requires that not only you are protected from biting insects, but that your audience and party guests are as well. I've found the Flowtron Electronic Insect Killer does a pretty good job at keeping the mosquitoes at bay, and avoid getting biten.. I'm particularly sensitive to both insect bites and chemical repellants, so have found the Flowtron to be a pretty effective safe alternative at keeping the biting insects at bay away from both myself and guests for outdoor summer evening venues, and for evening entertaining at home on my backyard patio deck as well. smile

#325910 - 06/04/11 08:48 PM Re: I found allot more BUGS.... [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Scott how the heck can you play with that think snapping, zapping and crackling all the time next to you plus I gotta carry that thing too & think how those bugs are being tortured & electrocuted all the time? surprised ... no thank you ...
I'd rather spray myself with Deep Woods Off or use some of the new items Larry posted.

#325911 - 06/04/11 10:44 PM Re: I found allot more BUGS.... [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Come on Donny, . . . how about your audience? You gonna let "them" suffer?! shocked
Just turn up the music a little more and get the crowd dancing and no one will hear a thing as those buggers fry. grin It's either the nasty mosquitos or us afterall. Also, the zapper unit can simply be setup far enough away from the stage to not be detected or heard, yet still remain effective as any mosquitos in the vicinity will be drawn to it instead of to you onstage or the party audience. That said, here on the West Coast, because we don't experience high humity with warm temparatures like you do in tne East, probably don't experience nearly the problem with mosquitos as in most other areas of the US. I really appreciate living here in the SF Bay Area where the morning fog acts as our natural enviromentally fresh air conditioner. ahhhh. cool

#325913 - 06/04/11 11:31 PM Re: I found allot more BUGS.... [Re: Scottyee]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
"think how those bugs are being tortured & electrocuted all the time?"

"Just turn up the music a little more and get the crowd dancing and no one will hear a thing as those buggers fry"

rotfl laugh bounce

#325923 - 06/05/11 07:16 AM Re: I found allot more BUGS.... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Actually for the audience they had bug Citronella Torches all around the area around 20 of them with that stink also...outdoor gigs suck.

#325925 - 06/05/11 08:14 AM Re: I found allot more BUGS.... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Dnj
...outdoor gigs suck.

AMEN! I hate playing outdoors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online