SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#325668 - 06/01/11 05:26 PM Arranger keyboard horror stories !
Dnj Offline

Arranger Keyboard Horror Stories

I Know this is 9 years ago.....BUT,... it would be interesting to hear some "HORROR" stories from todays world of arranger keyboard playing?...what's your?

I once had a display lights go totally out on my Psr9k I had to borrow a flashlight to look inside the screen to keep going to see the text and finish the gig!! surprised

#325694 - 06/02/11 07:23 AM Re: Arranger keyboard horror stories ! [Re: Dnj]
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Although not specifically an arranger, I remember one particular gig with my band we were playing outside in OKC adn it was unseasonably cold that Saturday. I was using several keyboards (with this band at one time I had 14 keyboards on stage) including a Korg DSS-1 sampling keyboard. This unit required 3.5 floppies to play the sounds and the cold weather made loading cold floppies difficult so the only way to keep the floppies warm were to keep the 4 or 5 floppies in my .. umm... "vault"... so between songs the lead singer would fill some time while I turned from the audience and extracted the next floppy from my... frontal region... the rough part was putting the previous, now very cold, floppy back in the vault for the next time......

Ahh... memories....

J

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#325698 - 06/02/11 08:28 AM Re: Arranger keyboard horror stories ! [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

J funny stuff...the show must go on!!! lol

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online