SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#325000 - 05/26/11 07:50 AM Tyros 4 Multi-Pad recording of audio files
dtrue Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah
I am in need of an audio file of children laughing, which I have, to be recorded into the Multi-pads. So when I press a MP key it plays a few seconds of children laughing. I cannot find any reference to this function in either T4 manual. I did this on my old 9000pro keyboard years past but it must have had more capabilities than on the T4? Any thoughts on this?

Richard

#325001 - 05/26/11 08:57 AM Re: Tyros 4 Multi-Pad recording of audio files [Re: dtrue]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: dtrue
I am in need of an audio file of children laughing, which I have, to be recorded into the Multi-pads.

Hi Richard.
This can be done on Tyros 4, but because the keyboard has extremely limited on board memory wav/uvn memory,
you'll likely need to purchase & install optional Tyros 4 expansion memory module:

Yamaha FL512M 512 MB Expansion Board
or
Yamaha FL1024M 1GB Memory Expansion

You will then be able to import a .wav file of the children laughing into the T4 expansion memory:

On The Tyros 4 Keyboard: Voice Creator Button > Expansion Module (E button) > Import Wav (H button)
* see page 17-19 of Tyros 4 Ref Manual for more details

When the Wav file is imported, it's automatically converted to UVN by the Tyros 4 keyboard itself, and then stored in expansion module flash memory.
You can then use the T4 MultiPad Creator feature to trigger the UVN file to playback from any one of the 4 MultiPad buttons.

Digital Recording Button > Multipad Creator

Here's a related thread on this topic.

Hope this provided the answers you were looking for.

Scott cool

#325030 - 05/26/11 03:58 PM Re: Tyros 4 Multi-Pad recording of audio files [Re: Scottyee]
dtrue Offline

Scott,
Thank you for your prompt response. I have to admit I approached it the wrong way. I started with creating a Multi-pad instead of creating a voice - dumb me! I already have the 1GB expansion module so it should be no problem.
Regards...
Richard

#325474 - 05/31/11 11:14 AM Re: Tyros 4 Multi-Pad recording of audio files [Re: Scottyee]
dtrue Offline

Scott,
I'm sorry to bother you further on this problem but I guess old age is taking it's toll on me as I am unable to get this function to work in the Multi-Pad area. I imported the sound into the expansion area just fine and it is sitting in the category named "sounds". The audition works fine on the sound. Of course the next step according to the Ref manual is to create a new voice using this new sound (pg 20) but you indicated that I need to now go directly to create a new multi-pad. Trying to follow the Ref manual on pg 77 does not relate on what I am trying to do. I assume I need to create a new bank but then it wants me to record from the keyboard ? Would you kindly sequence the events I need to do to get this working.

Richard

#325487 - 05/31/11 02:42 PM Re: Tyros 4 Multi-Pad recording of audio files [Re: dtrue]
Scottyee Offline

Hi Richard, when you import the Wav file into your T4 expansion memory be sure to select 'fixed pitch'.
Doing this enables you to press ANY of the 61 keys on the keyboard to trigger the audio file of 'children laughing' to play.

Next: assign this expansion memory voice to Right1.

Now simply go into MulitPad Creator and activate 'record', press any key on the keyboard (the children laughing plays) then press stop and store this in Pad1.
Now, when you load the newly created MultiPad file and press Multi-Pad 1, the audio file of Children laughing will play. cool

#325567 - 06/01/11 10:34 AM Re: Tyros 4 Multi-Pad recording of audio files [Re: Scottyee]
dtrue Offline

Scott,
Thank you for guiding me down the right path! You are great asset to the Synth Zone forum.
Richard

#325569 - 06/01/11 10:44 AM Re: Tyros 4 Multi-Pad recording of audio files [Re: dtrue]
Scottyee Offline

Richard, you are most welcome. The pleasure was mine. cool
What song are you planning to integrate the 'children laughing' on?
It would be terrific as well to hear your recorded song utilizing the 'children laughing'. smile

#325703 - 06/02/11 09:21 AM Re: Tyros 4 Multi-Pad recording of audio files [Re: Scottyee]
dtrue Offline

Scott,
It actually will be a remake of one I wrote several years ago on my 9000Pro. I thought it was time to enhance it a little. The original is located at: http://www.4shared.com/audio/ljC-IPFy/Here_Come_the_Kids.html

Richard

#325704 - 06/02/11 09:33 AM Re: Tyros 4 Multi-Pad recording of audio files [Re: dtrue]
Scottyee Offline

Hi Richard:
What a wonderful reward you gave back for the little help I gave you.
Nice refreshing feel good tune that has put my day off to a cheerful start.
The addition of the kids laughing really sets the mood up perfectly.
Thanks. - Scott smile

#325710 - 06/02/11 11:57 AM Re: Tyros 4 Multi-Pad recording of audio files [Re: dtrue]
Dnj Offline

Richard great job...love the kids laughing.........I can see this being used with Vocals on a show like Sesame Street...fun tune!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online