SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
Topic Options
#325692 - 06/02/11 06:59 AM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Bernie9]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
BTW
I remember when Frankie did that SMF comparison. He did not alter any of the three keyboards, and meant to be a completely unbiased demonstration.
Bernie

Exactly right, Bernie, and the ONLY way another test can be trusted is if it is done under the SAME conditions as the video uploaded by Donny.

Considering some people have admitted that they would do ANYTHING to make their brand of instrument sound the best, any other way allows the possibility of altered recordings.

All these arrangers can all sound incredibly good when the right sounds, the right EQ, and the proper settings are done by the owner/user.

And then, we are dealing with personal taste in sound, which we all know quite well, is very subjective.

That's when it turns personal, and there are never any winners...just bad feelings and damaged friendships.

We (me included) should be identifying with each other as arranger players/users and musicians, instead of comparing...the latter usually always ends badly.

Those are my views on it.

Ian

#325696 - 06/02/11 07:50 AM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
BTW
I remember when Frankie did that SMF comparison. He did not alter any of the three keyboards, and meant to be a completely unbiased demonstration.
Bernie

Exactly right, Bernie, and the ONLY way another test can be trusted is if it is done under the SAME conditions as the video uploaded by Donny.

Considering some people have admitted that they would do ANYTHING to make their brand of instrument sound the best, any other way allows the possibility of altered recordings.

All these arrangers can all sound incredibly good when the right sounds, the right EQ, and the proper settings are done by the owner/user.

And then, we are dealing with personal taste in sound, which we all know quite well, is very subjective.

That's when it turns personal, and there are never any winners...just bad feelings and damaged friendships.

We (me included) should be identifying with each other as arranger players/users and musicians, instead of comparing...the latter usually always ends badly.

Those are my views on it.

Ian

100% agree with you on this one Ian. Lets stop with bashing eachother's instruments (I know I did it also) and enjoy what we have.

At the moment I have great fun with my new Casio smile

Edited by FransN (06/02/11 07:56 AM)

#325705 - 06/02/11 09:48 AM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
As a life long Audiophile IMHO:

The Tyros displays the most openess and spacial positioning. The sound stage expands with each instrument placed in proper perspective.

The G70 is a close 2nd. I always thought Roland had a big open sound.

Audya is third, more narrow soundstage, although it may have the best drums.

Korg is last. It has a narrow soundstage with no dimensionality and a more closed somewhat compressed sound.
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#325716 - 06/02/11 01:44 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Great side by side comparison! Sorry I haven't read the other responses but I'd say the Audya sounds best.

Audya drums, and percusiion kill the Yamaha- hands down. No comparison. Korgs drums and percussion was not as good as Audya, but much better than Yamaha.

The Yamaha Latin percussion especially guiro and cha-cha cowells sound very fake. Korgs drums and percussion were second best. Really the Yamaha percussion (not drums) sounded bad.

Horns sounded best to me on the Yamaha, a very close second on Audya, and a destant third on Korg.

I only listened once, and as far as piano, bass, and other instruments on the SMF, none of the keyboards seem to have a clearly better sound. I'd say a tie.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#325717 - 06/02/11 02:06 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: montunoman]
leezone Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman

cha-cha cowells sound very fake.

montunoman,

i bet THIS one sounds very real
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mie9hhQTUM

Edited by leezone (06/02/11 02:09 PM)

#325718 - 06/02/11 02:17 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: leezone]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
LOL- Leezone:)

I get that joke quite a bit because Latin percussion is my main thang.

I've done sessions that last hours just on cowbell. I need to get a T-Shirt that says "more cowbell"

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#325719 - 06/02/11 02:24 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
nielshs Offline

Hi

Th Audya 4.2a version of the Sway SMF. No tweaking done.

http://www.box.net/shared/vxd5mhm0tg

#325720 - 06/02/11 02:24 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Joesax]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Joesax
As a life long Audiophile IMHO:

The Tyros displays the most openess and spacial positioning. The sound stage expands with each instrument placed in proper perspective.

The G70 is a close 2nd. I always thought Roland had a big open sound.

Audya is third, more narrow soundstage, although it may have the best drums.

Korg is last. It has a narrow soundstage with no dimensionality and a more closed somewhat compressed sound.

I think I am going to take a brake for few months from this forum.
When I join I was thinking that I was going to increase my music knowledge ( and I have learn few things here and there), but lately is getting to complicated for me.
Maybe I am getting to compressed dimensionality and as a result I am unable to get any sound openess from my keyboard.

Bye.....

Edited by Machetero (06/02/11 02:29 PM)

#325723 - 06/02/11 02:34 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
nielshs Offline

Here is a comparision of the Audya and Tyros4. Only the intro.

http://www.box.net/shared/qoay1snkcu

#325725 - 06/02/11 02:43 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
nielshs Offline

And here the G-70, Tyros 4 and Audya 4.2a

http://www.box.net/shared/7h7j0zzr77

Edited by nielshs (06/02/11 02:46 PM)

Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online