SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13 >
Topic Options
#325667 - 06/01/11 05:12 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Waffles with icecream and strawberries... clap

That is so cool...that's exactly what I had tonight for supper..with crispy bacon on the side, and, a cuppa tea.

Ian

I just had Broccoli Rabe With Garlic, Anchovy and Hot Pepper...OMG!!
Recipe

#325675 - 06/01/11 09:34 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

FWIW, and with the caveat that I don't use SMFs for the simple reason all SMFs sound dull and lifeless to me, regardless of the equipment used to play them, the Korg's central slider position should have been pushed over to the left or right according to which sequencer was being used. As I say, I don't use SMFs, so I don't know whether or not this would have made a difference.

#325679 - 06/01/11 11:38 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
This is the recording from the BK-7m done with the built-in audio recorder. I have not made any changes to the midi file and the Mastering Tools (great feauture) was set to default.

http://www.box.net/shared/x62motork0

I am quite happy with the result. Roland has always been good at midi file playback and remember that the BK-7m has exactly the same audio engine as the E-80 (Rolands latest - and maybe last - top of the range arranger).

#325681 - 06/02/11 12:00 AM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Tommy how have you been? Tommy was instrumental in helping me get gig ready quickly with his knowledge of Korg arrangers with my new Pa800 unit years ago....I will always be grateful eek ..Thank you.

Donny, it was only a pleasure to be able to help you with the Pa800 smile There has been quite a bit of turmoil both in my personal life and work life the last few years. As a side effect I decided to sell the Pa800 and buy a digital accordion instead to focus more on music than technology. Now that everything has settled down my main ambition is to be a fair accordionist and to make professional sounding backing tracks with my Mac/Logic system. I bought the BK-7m mainly for the fun of it, but now I realize how much I have been missing an arranger (I got my first arranger keyboard more than 25 years ago).

#325683 - 06/02/11 01:07 AM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Thanks for the recording of the BK-7m, to be fair it sounds as good as its price point. I have a feeling if you listened to an RA-90 it would be the same. Just listen to the Steam being let off...I mean the cymbals and brushes. But at least there is no annoying clock winding as mentioned in my other post.

Suprisingly, in some respects is better than the Korg.

#325686 - 06/02/11 05:07 AM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Well I found some time to (audio) record Sway (SMF) played by T4
http://www.yousendit.com/download/dkJyZm1USEJIcWV4dnc9PQ

Not that bad is it? (Niels please don't answer this question, we know your answer)

The only tweaking I did was get rid of the GM/GS voices in the program changes and take real Tyros voices instead.

#325688 - 06/02/11 05:34 AM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: kla4]
Tonewheeldude Offline

If you modified then it is not a good trial.

I have a suggestion.

There are enough owners on this board to do the job properly. But we have to trust each other.

Email the SMF of "Sway" to the owner of each keyboard/module (must be exactly the same file). We will each make a direct line out recording without any modifications to the file or instruments dsp, voicing etc. (If you want to do a second recording modified its fine though as long as the first is clean)

I am happy to do the Audya and promise not to edit.

I would like to hear it on:
T1, T2, T3, T4 SD5, Audya, PA1 2 and 3X G70 and old RA90, BK-7m. In fact why not everyone do it regardless of model or age.

#325689 - 06/02/11 05:48 AM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
BTW
I remember when Frankie did that SMF comparison. He did not alter any of the three keyboards, and meant to be a completely unbiased demonstration.
Bernie

#325690 - 06/02/11 06:26 AM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: kla4]
nielshs Offline

Originally Posted By: kla4
Well I found some time to (audio) record Sway (SMF) played by T4
http://www.yousendit.com/download/dkJyZm1USEJIcWV4dnc9PQ

Not that bad is it? (Niels please don't answer this question, we know your answer)

The only tweaking I did was get rid of the GM/GS voices in the program changes and take real Tyros voices instead.

It sound synthetic and not real,specially the drums . Nice played, but horrible sound. surprised

#325691 - 06/02/11 06:28 AM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: TommyF]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: TommyF
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Tommy how have you been? Tommy was instrumental in helping me get gig ready quickly with his knowledge of Korg arrangers with my new Pa800 unit years ago....I will always be grateful eek ..Thank you.

Donny, it was only a pleasure to be able to help you with the Pa800 smile There has been quite a bit of turmoil both in my personal life and work life the last few years. As a side effect I decided to sell the Pa800 and buy a digital accordion instead to focus more on music than technology. Now that everything has settled down my main ambition is to be a fair accordionist and to make professional sounding backing tracks with my Mac/Logic system. I bought the BK-7m mainly for the fun of it, but now I realize how much I have been missing an arranger (I got my first arranger keyboard more than 25 years ago).

Tommy good luck to you and you musical endeavors......maybe you can have both Accordion & Arranger KB to keep you happy 7 busy!

Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online