SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#325626 - 06/01/11 03:05 PM Island Cases ...
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Hello,
Has anyone had any dealings with Island Cases, Holbrook, NY? I was interested in the ATA-GLIDER-keyboard case that they offer on ebay. Thanks,
Jerry

#325634 - 06/01/11 03:47 PM Re: Island Cases ... [Re: Jerry T]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
These cases are made by Hybrid Case Co of Holbrook, NY. All those like cases on ebay are made by them, but there are different "divisions" as I was told, such as Island Case, nycase, pocket trunks, Case Kits, etc.

tony mads got one and likes it. You can do a search on that here. I also saw the version from nycase with a local band. It was well made, light weight and they said they'd never do business with anyone else.

The cases I've been looking at are quite lightweight being that they are made of luan plywood.

#325636 - 06/01/11 03:50 PM Re: Island Cases ... [Re: Scott Langholff]
Scott Langholff Offline

Here's the link for tony mads review of the case:

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...e_is#Post319976

#325638 - 06/01/11 03:51 PM Re: Island Cases ... [Re: Scott Langholff]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Scott Langholff
These cases are made by Hybrid Case Co of Holbrook, NY. All those like cases on ebay are made by them, but there are different "divisions" as I was told, such as Island Case, nycase, pocket trunks, Case Kits, etc.

tony mads got one and likes it. You can do a search on that here. I also saw the version from nycase with a local band. It was well made, light weight and they said they'd never do business with anyone else.

The cases I've been looking at are quite lightweight being that they are made of luan plywood.

Scott have you ordered one yet,,,,if so which model?

http://hybridcases.com/

Edited by Dnj (06/01/11 03:51 PM)

#325640 - 06/01/11 03:57 PM Re: Island Cases ... [Re: Dnj]
Scott Langholff Offline

Although I'd probably prefer this one it will weigh around 20 lbs by what the company rep and tony mads said. Also, I'd have to have it made a little deeper as the T4 is a bit deeper than the T2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATA-CASE-YAMAHA-TYRO...=item5d2edbb46b

I will probably get this one soon. This one will weigh around 10 pounds. I may have them custom do it so it will be not quite as deep, although I may get it just as it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-TUFFBOX-Road-Cas...=item45fa29fa57

All made of lightweight luan plywood, which as I understand it is the same or similar to Guardian cases, which I'd love to have IF the 61 case was just a little longer and had wheels.

#325641 - 06/01/11 04:01 PM Re: Island Cases ... [Re: Scott Langholff]
Scott Langholff Offline

Also, as far as I know, it is cheaper to get them through these divisions on ebay rather than directly from Hybrid.

#325643 - 06/01/11 04:07 PM Re: Island Cases ... [Re: Jerry T]
Jerry T Offline

Thanks Scott. You provided me with a little re-assurance about this company.

Donny,
This particular case is pretty much what we were discussing in an earlier post ... the lid lifts off and what is normally the lid becomes as tray. The depth of the tray is about 2". I'm going to order the case and I'll let you know if it works; i.e. set the case on the keyboard stand remove the lid, plug in and go ...
Ciao,
Jerry

#325645 - 06/01/11 04:10 PM Re: Island Cases ... [Re: Jerry T]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerry T
Thanks Scott. You provided me with a little re-assurance about this company.

Donny,
This particular case is pretty much what we were discussing in an earlier post ... the lid lifts off and what is normally the lid becomes as tray. The depth of the tray is about 2". I'm going to order the case and I'll let you know if it works; i.e. set the case on the keyboard stand remove the lid, plug in and go ...
Ciao,
Jerry

without the drop down "front" I would be cautious to buy it as is for what we are talking about regarding a all in one peformance KB case.....it would have to be a custom designed case for sure... also with cutout in rear for cables too.

Edited by Dnj (06/01/11 04:21 PM)

#325648 - 06/01/11 04:24 PM Re: Island Cases ... [Re: Dnj]
Jerry T Offline

I made some calls and learned that the 'drop-down front' feature added about $200.00 to it's cost. The tray is 2" deep and the keys are about 1 and a half inches from the table ... so, I'm thinking that an additional inch of foam should make the keys accessible.
Ciao,
Jerry

#325658 - 06/01/11 04:42 PM Re: Island Cases ... [Re: Jerry T]
Dnj Offline

Jerry please take pictures when you get it or maybe I'll come down for dinner to your restaurant gig with Fran and check it out ok?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online