SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 >
Topic Options
#325609 - 06/01/11 02:11 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
nielshs Offline

Just recorded a old Danish song. It's how the Audya sounds right out of the box. I'm using the style Bigband Slow and a Sax voice. And yes I know the T3-4 sax voices are better. ;-)

http://www.box.net/shared/qoay1snkcu

#325614 - 06/01/11 02:24 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Maybe I'll run the SMF through my T4 or Scott Yee can do it?.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do that now,
but whoever does it,
it would be especially beneficial to hear how the SMF sounds on T4 with the drums revoiced to one of the new Tyros 4 "live drum kits' instead of simply the legacy GM drumkit.

Neither do I Scott...I can also sense when another no win pissin' contest is in the works...haven't got time for them anymore either.

Only real way is to do it is on video, like the one Donny posted...right now, there too many possibilities of bogus recordings being used.

Time for more important things...like playing my incredible Tyros4, for one!

Ian

#325617 - 06/01/11 02:31 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: ianmcnll]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
My take on these TOTL arrangers is that they ALL will sound terrific in the 'right' hands.
It all goes back to 'it's the keyboardist not the keyboard' again. JMO. cool

#325618 - 06/01/11 02:32 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Thanks for sharing your song on the Audya well played....but if I'm being honest this is exactly the reason I don't use Ketron keyboards anymore and I've had my share of them. I just can't warm up to the Drums especially the bleeding snare....in this tune the style parts mix really needs to be edited and balanced. Sax is way above the mix covering all else....Nothings changed IMO since the X1 sound....don't feel offended it's my personal opinion only.
Some may like it & I respect that. But for me Yamaha is my choice.
hope to hear more soon.

#325620 - 06/01/11 02:34 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: nielshs]
nielshs Offline

Originally Posted By: nielshs
Originally Posted By: vin5451
Originally Posted By: nielshs
The Audya is recorded before the update 2.0, and lot of new voices and improvements are added in version 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 4.1b and now the 4.2a. So today it sound even better than the sound you hear in the video.

Niels,

Since Fran posted the SMF, prove your statement above by posting a demo of the updated Audya with it.

I then need the midifile. (nielss1964@gmail.com)
rotf2 Maybe I should download it then. computer

#325622 - 06/01/11 02:41 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
nielshs Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Thanks for sharing your song on the Audya well played....but if I'm being honest this is exactly the reason I don't use Ketron keyboards anymore and I've had my share of them. I just can't warm up to the Drums especially the bleeding snare....in this tune the style parts mix really needs to be edited and balanced. Sax is way above the mix covering all else....Nothings changed IMO since the X1 sound....don't feel offended it's my personal opinion only.
hope to hear more soon.

The Drums are a Audio loop, played by a real drummer. Funny you don't like real drums. The Sax is the solo lead voice, and I think it's perfect mixed for my taste.

Edited by nielshs (06/01/11 02:42 PM)

#325624 - 06/01/11 03:00 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
leezone Offline

Dnj,

if REAL drums is not your cup of tea,
then you do have plenty of other options...

i personally want my drums to sound as real as they get (when a real drummer is not an option of course...)

Edited by leezone (06/01/11 03:01 PM)

#325627 - 06/01/11 03:25 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

lee Yamaha drums can be made to sound as "live" as you like. believe me I played with bands 25 years with some amazing drummers....Ketron drums are not to MY liking at all vs Yamaha.

#325628 - 06/01/11 03:26 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj
hope to hear more soon.

Donny, we don't always agree, but you are spot on with this post.

If that is supposed to sound like a "real drummer", I'm afraid he'd be kicked off the stage.

I suppose if one wants all their tunes to sound like they are being played by the "Buddy Rich Band", it could work.

All good bands strive for balance.

Whether it be Yamaha Tyros, Korg PA, or Roland G-70...none of these instruments have drums that literally sound way more dominant than what a regular drummer would play...yes, they all have their differences in "liveness", but they all are the same in one respect...the overall sound is balanced.

So far, I really haven't heard the Audya do anything with a good even balance of drums, bass, chords, pads, and phrases.

The Yamaha, Roland, and Korg remind me of my Honda Accord...it doesn't excel in one or two areas...it is just very, very good in everything.

Balance.

That's why you and I like the Tyros4 and the S910...the sound is balanced....plus, there is great factory, dealer, and third party support, and excellent reliability.

A great drummer isn't much good if he plays too loud, gets sick a lot, or can't play his kit in a balanced way (snare way too loud, for instance).

Ian

#325629 - 06/01/11 03:38 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: ianmcnll]
nielshs Offline

I think Yamaha players have forgotten how real music sounds. T3-T4 have a balanced polished sound, but it's not a realistic sound. IMHO it's boring and lifeless.

Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online