SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#325537 - 06/01/11 06:24 AM yamaha psr s920 -- not happening this year?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
By now there would have been atleast a hint.

#325542 - 06/01/11 07:56 AM Re: yamaha psr s920 -- not happening this year? [Re: rolandfan]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
My guess is that if we don't hear about by July, it's not going to come out this year.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#325545 - 06/01/11 08:03 AM Re: yamaha psr s920 -- not happening this year? [Re: rolandfan]
Dnj Offline

I'm happy with the S910 for now for most things ...what's the rush?....when Yamaha is ready they will release it .....most likely if they follow suit the S920(?) will be a trickled down T4 version
let's see what Summer NAMM brings us......or even Winter NAMM 2012.

#325562 - 06/01/11 09:33 AM Re: yamaha psr s920 -- not happening this year? [Re: rolandfan]
rolandfan Offline

The main reason I thought there would
Be a s920 this year is the time frame
Between tyros 3 and 4 which is 2 years
Instead of the usual 3. Anyway I only
Intend buying such a keyboard next year
So its fine...but the anticipation of
Knowing what features it will have...

#325572 - 06/01/11 11:06 AM Re: yamaha psr s920 -- not happening this year? [Re: rolandfan]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rolandfan
The main reason I thought there would
Be a s920 this year is the time frame
Between tyros 3 and 4 which is 2 years
Instead of the usual 3. Anyway I only
Intend buying such a keyboard next year
So its fine...but the anticipation of
Knowing what features it will have...

Just look at the Tyros 4 features I'd say you'll have many of them or at least a few in a new MOTL arranger and maybe a few that even on the T4 too...time will tell.....meanwhile enjoy what you use and make great music with it everything out there is more then capable for sure.

Edited by Dnj (06/01/11 11:07 AM)

#325613 - 06/01/11 02:22 PM Re: yamaha psr s920 -- not happening this year? [Re: rolandfan]
Beakybird Offline

I did a keyword search on this forum searching for any mention of the S910 two years ago or more, and there was nothing except from someone guessing the name.

So it looks like there's still time for something new to come out this year. It would not surprise me if the earthquake in Japan delayed things, so it's possible that the keyboard was supposed to come out this year, but won't until next year.

#325623 - 06/01/11 02:49 PM Re: yamaha psr s920 -- not happening this year? [Re: rolandfan]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I have not heard a word about any new PSR models.

Same goes for CVP Clavinova, which are usually introduced at the same time as PSR.

Beaky may be right about the earthquake, but everything seems to be on schedule.

Ian

#326801 - 06/20/11 12:05 AM Re: yamaha psr s920 -- not happening this year? [Re: rolandfan]
rolandfan Offline

Anybodys crystal ball changing color. Looks like it
Aint happpening

#327106 - 06/24/11 03:21 AM Re: yamaha psr s920 -- not happening this year? [Re: Dnj]
John Tropi Offline

Loc: UK
I think there are two basically different types of people who are interested in this question.

I'd guess the vast majority on this forum are existing PSR users who are quite naturally interested in the next model, some quite keenly, but it really isn't a matter of serious concern.

The other type, of which I'm one, either doesn't have a keyboard at all and is looking at what is available or has a fairly old one, possibly a different make altogether (this is me), and is considering a replacement. What the manufacturers are planning is of much more serious and practical concern to this type, for various reasons.

For instance, I am considering a brand new S910 as a replacement for my venerable Technics KN2000. But, if I were to buy an S910 now, I'd be very upset to find that I had missed out on a much improved version at a similar price in two or three months time, OR, that if I'd waited a few weeks or months, I could still buy a new S910, but at a considerably lower price than today . . .

That's two good reasons why it really matters to me and I'm sure there are others in the same situation.

I think that long-term forum members probably don't realise quite how many 'lurkers' are hanging on their every word in a desperate effort to ensure they eventually make a good purchase and don't inflict buyers remorse on themselves!

#327110 - 06/24/11 06:32 AM Re: yamaha psr s920 -- not happening this year? [Re: John Tropi]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi John

1. No matter what you buy, the one thing that is guaranteed is that when you have bought it, in a short space of time it will become old and obsolete as manufactures continue to bring out new models.

2. If you just keep hanging on for the latest, then I am afraid you will never buy anything, as there is always something new round the corner.

Answer to the above:

Find something you like, try it, and if it suits, buy it and stop worrying about what is round the corner.

Hope this helps

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online