SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32532 - 12/10/03 10:02 AM Internal sequencer and Presets
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

I,'m a new user of SD1 and I try to create a sequence using arrangement and one preset sound (POWER guitar, which seems to be a program??).
I set the track channel on ALL and I start recording. But when I play it back, I don't have the same POWER sound but a very poor one. It seems (but I'm not sure) to use the same original sounds but without pre-programmed effects. But I can go on playing "live" with the good sound during playing my sequence.

How can I hace the same sound in my sequence ?

Thank's
Jerome

#32533 - 12/11/03 06:36 AM Re: Internal sequencer and Presets
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I tried 2 years ago to use the SD1 sequencer, and I not understand how it work..
Now I use SONAR 3 with SD1.
I create first my sequence with arranger using the RECORD button. and transfer my midifile song to the computer.
I continue the work with the PC...

I agree there is a realy 'problem' with selecting sounds...

You must know that SD1 sounds when you play live, are using 1, 2 or 3 layered sounds panned and effect differentely, so the sound is big...
In midi you can select only those simple sounds that compose the good ones...
You can make 2 or 3 track to record thoses 2/3 chanels once...
But It's very difficult to sound the same in GM mode and in Live mode...
It's the reason that I will probably buy a new keyboard (yamaha motif es6 or kurzweil K-2661) for my Studio and use the SD1 for live playing...

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#32534 - 12/11/03 08:54 AM Re: Internal sequencer and Presets
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for your answer.
I've understood that many presets are made with several layered sounds, but what I can't understand is that, even when playing my sequence with "bad sounds", I can go on playing live with the good one. So the machine is able to products thoses sounds together and when I put midi selector on ALL, it should record ALL the data, and not only keyboard events.
In my case, the sound bank selection seems to be good, but not the effect.
I know there are several DSP, and I wonder if the "live" right section could use a reserved one, which couldn't be used with the sequencer.
In every case, I find this situation absurde.

Jerome

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online