SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#324790 - 05/23/11 07:28 PM A KN-7000 Recording
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
For those who don't always visit the Technics forum [me included], Larry Gosmeyer has posted a song called "Dont Get Around Much Anymore" that he recorded on the KN-7000.

Those that know him, know he's a master at arranging on the 7000.

A shortcut to listen and comment HERE

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#324800 - 05/23/11 08:57 PM Re: A KN-7000 Recording [Re: lahawk]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
A nice showcase of Classic Kn7000 instrument voices and very competently played by Larry Gosmeyer cool
That said, the "kitschy arrangement" (ala Lawrence Welk) is definitely not my piece of cake or cup of tea;
and not what Ellington had in mind either when he composed it.
For comparison, Here's the Duke Ellington with Louis Armstrong version:

Quoting the title of another Ellington song classic and the essence of what Ellington"s music is about:
here's Ella Fitzgerald to explain in her rendition of "It Don't Mean A Thing if It Ain't Got That Swing":

#324811 - 05/24/11 05:27 AM Re: A KN-7000 Recording [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
That is one of my favorite Elington tunes. Very solid performances with cute voice changes.

Yes Scott, probably not what Elington had in mind but I'm sure he'd get a kick out hearing his music performed by one man on an electronic keyboard:)

BTW, what year did this keyboard come out? I seem to remember my wife mentioning the Technics brand back in the early 90's before I was even really playing keyboards.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#324814 - 05/24/11 06:20 AM Re: A KN-7000 Recording [Re: lahawk]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Scott I agree, It's one of those songs that can be played to many different versions. Not many songs can compare with the original, although I'm sure there are many fans of Larry's version.

Paul, The KN-7000 came out in 2002 and was next to the last with the KN-2(4)600 being the final arranger keyboard by Technics. Some say the 7000 was ahead of it's time with a projected wide screen LCD color display, scat do wop voices, and SD card storage that also played MP3 type files. The organ patches were outstanding, and I remember the sax voices to be very good.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#324823 - 05/24/11 08:01 AM Re: A KN-7000 Recording [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
That is one of my favorite Elington tunes. Very solid performances with cute voice changes.

Yes Scott, probably not what Elington had in mind but I'm sure he'd get a kick out hearing his music performed by one man on an electronic keyboard:)

BTW, what year did this keyboard come out? I seem to remember my wife mentioning the Technics brand back in the early 90's before I was even really playing keyboards.

#325146 - 05/28/11 02:54 AM Re: A KN-7000 Recording [Re: lahawk]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
I haven't heard a better accordion than the KN7000 comparing the big names in arrangers other than Wersi add-on.

#325161 - 05/28/11 07:43 AM Re: A KN-7000 Recording [Re: vangelis]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: vangelis
I haven't heard a better accordion than the KN7000 ......

Technics sccordeon sounds has always been great, and specially from KN5000 and up, this got even better.

I know it's dreams and wishful thinking and never going to happen, but if we collected the engineers from Technics and Ketron to make a brand new top of the line Kethnics or Techtron keyboard, it would be a wonderful machine! keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#325162 - 05/28/11 07:53 AM Re: A KN-7000 Recording [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny
Originally Posted By: vangelis
I haven't heard a better accordion than the KN7000 ......

Technics sccordeon sounds has always been great, and specially from KN5000 and up, this got even better.

I know it's dreams and wishful thinking and never going to happen, but if we collected the engineers from Technics and Ketron to make a brand new top of the line Kethnics or Techtron keyboard, it would be a wonderful machine! keys

All those guys are probably working in R&D over at Yamaha, Korg, Roland Now wink

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online