Topic Options
#324686 - 05/22/11 01:18 AM Wersi Latest news
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#324702 - 05/22/11 08:28 AM Re: Wersi Latest news [Re: abacus]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Thank's for the link Bill.
I'm a bit, or maybe I'm not, surprised about when look at the pics from Sceptre Promotions Blackpool festival there was only "old people" to see, not any from the young generation.
Too bad, they have to do something to attract the young ones as well!

Cheers
GJ

#324982 - 05/26/11 12:57 AM Re: Wersi Latest news [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
rhythmdigitalx Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Dear GJ,

you are quite right about your comments... the UK Organ and Keyboard market is dominated by 4 large festivals that attracted a very loyal crowd. Here at WERSI Direct, we are working on a two tier approach to our products... the organ market (because we manufacture organs) because the customer base enjoy the new keyboards and organs, and then the new frontier of younger players. We are currently setting up a UK promotional tour with our new Pegasus Wing arranger keyboard. About 30-40 dates have been drafted at this time and it will contain a mix of traditional organ and keyboard clubs, hotel exhibitions, music colleges, shopping malls and technology exhibitions.

We'll bring more information as soon as the tour is organised.
Korg OASYS
Korg Triton

#325011 - 05/26/11 12:28 PM Re: Wersi Latest news [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Hi Rhythmdigitalx

Nice to see you on the forum, it’s good to see a Wersi dealer participating in this new Wersi forum kindly set up by Nigel.

NOTE: If you use the General Arranger Forum it can get heated at times, so don’t be surprised if some seem a little hostile about points expressed. (It’s actually just friendly banter which sometimes gets misinterpreted by having only the written word to communicate)

Welcome Aboard

Bill

#325022 - 05/26/11 01:48 PM Re: Wersi Latest news [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny
Thank's for the link Bill.
I'm a bit, or maybe I'm not, surprised about when look at the pics from Sceptre Promotions Blackpool festival there was only "old people" to see, not any from the young generation.
Too bad, they have to do something to attract the young ones as well!

Cheers
GJ

Jonny,

The average age of SZEDERS must be over 60, hell only old people go to Blackpool these days, none of those who are on the Blackpool photos are people who are going to buy and then play, they just go to listen and tap their feet!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#325023 - 05/26/11 01:52 PM Re: Wersi Latest news [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

If a 1000 people went to a Wersi concert, you would be lucky if you got one sale, thats the ratio, might even be worse, the good Wersi days have long gone, still I can't wait to have a go on a Wing and the price is right. If the wing is good like T4 and Audya it might just made some inroads into the market the price is right, but is it too cheap!!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#325031 - 05/26/11 04:03 PM Re: Wersi Latest news [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Thanks for that info Tony.

I always thought the dealers paid to exhibit at the festivals so that they could sell instruments to the attendees, I didn’t realise they just went to entertain them for free.

Once again, thanks for the info.

Bill

BTW There were less than 1000 attendees at Pakefield, and Wersi sold a lot more than one instrument.

#325032 - 05/26/11 04:47 PM Re: Wersi Latest news [Re: abacus]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Bill is quite right about the sales at Pakefield. I didn't get to see/play it until the Thursday morning and watched the demo with at least six other people and three of us ordered a Pegasus Wing there and then. On the Friday morning, I saw at least one man proudly loading his new keyboard in his car. Quite apart from the 'wow!' factor of the Pegasus, there were some very generous offers on as well if, you bought/ordered at the show.

As for the question of whether it is too cheap, it isn't as cheap as it sounds because the price quoted is for the basic keyboard and if you added all the optional extras available, I reckon the price would be somewhere between the Tyros 4 and the Korg PAX3 (around £5,000) Having said that, the basic keyboard has many lovely sounds and rhythms and for someone new to the Wersi instruments like myself, there are quite enough features to keep me interested for a very long time.

The main attractions for me, are the 76-note keyboard, the upper & lower organ facility and being able to record and burn your own CDs/DVDs direct from the keyboard itself.

My only worry at the moment is, I've been told to expect a Courier delivery but I have not received any confirmation/explanatory paperwork, as to whether I'm expected to unpack and set it up myself. If this is the case, then I can foresee problems as I wouldn't know where to start.

I do remember the young man who was demonstrating saying, he usually spends a couple of hours or so with the customer demonstrating the 'basics' but to date, there has been no further contact between us.

Audrey

Edited by Audrey Turner (05/26/11 04:50 PM)
Edit Reason: close a gap in line

#325149 - 05/28/11 04:56 AM Re: Wersi Latest news [Re: Audrey Turner]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Audrey, send me the fare and I will be over in a flash to set it up for you. but I insist on having first play of the Wersi!!!!
Ray dance

#325238 - 05/29/11 04:52 AM Re: Wersi Latest news [Re: abacus]
rhythmdigitalx Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Thanks for the messages. Just to correct a few points,

WERSI and all other dealers have to pay to exhibit at the festivals. There is no 'free' aspect in any of the exhibition / festival business. It is costly promotion, but very much worth while. It is always a pleasure to meet festival goers, new and older WERSI friends / owners and other artists.

We are very proud to bring the WERSI presence back to the UK festivals.

Also, with regards to the Pegasus Wing price and our deals, they are as follows.

The Pegasus Wing is £2,250 including 3 year warranty, over 300 gratis styles and year membership to the WERSI Direct user club, Music rest, Power cable, Utility and OS DVD's, English User Manual and a 10% disount off of Pegasus Wing activation codes). This is a great deal.

The other options are at £125 per sound activation pack: (PW customers get a 10% discount so will only pay £112.50 per pack)
1. World of synths (256 new synth sounds)
2. Grand Pianos (Over 20 new Grand Piano and vintage pianos)
3. Theatre Organs (A collection of real American and UK Theatre Organs)
4. Sacral Organs (A collection of real Church organs)
5. World of Organs - (a collection of historical organs from B3 to Farfissa organs!)

The above sound packs are excellent, but we advise all customers that the Pegasus Wing features such a large feature set that the additional sound packages can be purchased at a later date if required as the factory sound set is amazing and will take users a while to get through all of the wonderful different factory sounds. Plus, the activations are in-keeping with the WERSI philosophy of expanding your instrument as you go. Expand it as you see fit. Of course with the discount we provide of 10%, customers are getting even further value for money on the expansions.

We offer a 'recommended' speaker system at £450, but customers can use any speaker system to connect the Pegasus Wing to for audio.

During the Pakefield launch, it is true that we are also giving away the official Pegasus Wing stand that gives the Pegasus Wing keyboard the appearance of a classy digital piano.

We are very proud of this keyboard and our OAS product line. The Pegasus Wing is perhaps the first WERSI product for sometime to really reach out to the many and we are proud to be welcoming so many new people to the sounds and high quality of WERSI digital keyboard instruments.

Best regards,

Robert New
WERSI DIRECT LTD
Korg OASYS
Korg Triton

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online