SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#324069 - 05/12/11 05:18 PM Synthzone on the Run !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
It's beautiful weather here , so I'm soaking it up on the beach and posting this from my iPad. cool

I really love how 3G/WiFi iPad and Android Cellphone connectivity gives me the ability to stay minute by minute connected with what's going here on Synthzone. I frequently read as well as post on the go. Curious how many others here keep up with, and post on Synthzone from portable devices via WiFi / 3G on the run, away from home? smile

#324070 - 05/12/11 06:53 PM Re: Synthzone on the Run ! [Re: Scottyee]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I read SZ all the time from my iphone but it's a bit of a pain to post using the little touch screen. I will have an ipad soon so maybe that will be easier...

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#324071 - 05/12/11 07:14 PM Re: Synthzone on the Run ! [Re: Scottyee]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
I'm a little more old school. When in my office/studio, I keep in touch with everything. When I'm out in nature, which is as often as I can, I leave all the technology behind. There's a time and place for everything.

Joe

#324072 - 05/12/11 07:47 PM Re: Synthzone on the Run ! [Re: Songman55]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I agree with Joe. When I'm out on the sailboat, I usually don't turn on the cellular telephone, or the VHF Radio. The GPS/Plotter is on, but that's for safety reasons. While most of the marinas offer free WiFi, I don't bother with that either. I would rather watch the world go by at a much slower pace, and with less tension.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#324074 - 05/12/11 08:05 PM Re: Synthzone on the Run ! [Re: Scottyee]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hey Brian ... psssst! It's been almost 12 minutes - you should be done by now!
wink

#324075 - 05/12/11 09:16 PM Re: Synthzone on the Run ! [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Blackberry is all I need! wink

#324077 - 05/12/11 09:45 PM Re: Synthzone on the Run ! [Re: Scottyee]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi Scott....

Well, you did not tell me that you needed someone to carry your luggage? cool2....kidding aside, I keep up either by my Galaxy S or Android Phone, or my Ipod....in a way, an IPad in a smaller version, I check usually at home with my Mac, or if I am playing a gig, I am ALWAYS early, so, when I finish setting up, I check my email and reply, like today, someone recommended me for a job in a place I have never work, needless to say, I did reply with my Itouch, so, now I have one more job, it pays to check your email and so on. keys

So, Scott, have a great time....and next time, let me know. drums

#324160 - 05/14/11 02:01 PM Re: Synthzone on the Run ! [Re: mdorantes]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
While I use my BlackBerry to 'keep in touch', there is a time and place for everything ... earlier this week Lydia and I went out to dinner ... at the table next to us a young couple had dinner almost entirely in silence, as they kept checking their 'phones' crazy ... at another table a family with 3 kids were eating ... one son played with his iPAD the entire time ... confused

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online