SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#323941 - 05/11/11 08:07 AM NOTATION COMPOSER help needed also ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
FOR ANYONE USING NOTATION COMPOSER SOFTWARE" :
I have recorded some of my friends music and used Notation Composer to transcribe to a music sheet ...
During playback, the notes sound pretty much correct, but when we try to play what NC has transcribed, the notes are NOT correct ...
As a test, I recorded "Merrily We Roll Along" - couldn't get much more simple than that wink - using ACID Pro6, fed the ACID wav file into 'DIGITAL EAR' software to create a midi file, fed the midi file into NC for transcription ...
I played the tune in the key of "C" using a very simple one note at a time, but NC printed it in the key of "G" and the notes are not correct ...
Any ideas?

#323945 - 05/11/11 08:40 AM Re: NOTATION COMPOSER help needed also ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Tony
I have used Composer for years, but just for lead sheets. I have found it the best, but haven't delved into all it's capbilities.

I suggest you go to their forum.
http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php

Bernie

#324162 - 05/14/11 02:15 PM Re: NOTATION COMPOSER help needed also ... [Re: Bernie9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bernie .. thank you ... I am working on that ...

#324186 - 05/14/11 05:59 PM Re: NOTATION COMPOSER help needed also ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
I have no used Notation Composer, but Notation Musician and if the songs are coming in the key of "G" I can change it to any key. You probably can do the same in NC.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online