SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#324100 - 05/13/11 08:12 AM Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Hi everyone,
This is Star Wars Soundtrack, which was suggested from Larry and Dnj. Although I never watched any of Star Wars episodes, I’ve learned to like its Soundtracks since then. Therefore, I wish to thank Dnj and Larry for inspiring me to learn these tunes. And also thanks for those who will make time to watch. Have you all a Happy journey, SynthZone Forum Members. Greetings from Brazil, Telmo.

#324102 - 05/13/11 09:07 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Telmo...
Outstanding. BRAVO! clap

Eddie

#324119 - 05/13/11 03:43 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
Dnj Offline

Thelmo...I don't know how to extend my appreciation to you for making my request come to fruition...WOW ! WOW! WOW! From the first note I was transported into the movie and was taken Far Far Away simply incredible.. This is by far your greatest moment! clap I hope you will watch some of the Star War shows also in the future.

Thank you so much

Edited by Dnj (05/13/11 03:43 PM)

#324123 - 05/13/11 04:17 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Telmo, thanks for taking us on another magnificent Tyros 4 musical journey.
The only neg comment I might make is some audio distortion heard in a couple of spots. Otherwise a perfect performance. clap
What I find fascinating is Tyros 4's ability to create just about any musical genre imaginable, from baroque classical, orchestral film music, to country & blues to jazz, hip hop, dance and beyond smile

#324126 - 05/13/11 04:36 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
BRAVO!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#324132 - 05/13/11 07:33 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
Beakybird Offline

Bravo! Thanks for using the force for the good of the Universe.

Down with Darth Vader and his Jewish friend Oy Vader.

Edited by Beakybird (05/13/11 07:33 PM)

#324135 - 05/13/11 11:08 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Beakybird]
Tony Hughes Offline

There is no end to Mr.T talent, I think he is the only person who could play a piece, start to finish on a MS.

The T4 is also amazing.

Good luck and a long life Mr.T. how do you remember the music, 98% of my brain cells are dead!

Edited by Tony Hughes (05/13/11 11:08 PM)
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#324140 - 05/14/11 05:55 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Superb darthvader

Impuls/Soryt grin

#324141 - 05/14/11 06:04 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Abalou geral !

#324147 - 05/14/11 07:52 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I Am Honored!

I appreciate it so much, as does my nephew who is a huge Star Wars fan. I sent him the YouTube link, and he was simply amazed at the quality of your performance. He said someone should send this to John Williams. I'm sure he would be proud. We have both saved this video in our favorites.

Again...I thank you very much for this wonderful production.
Your videos are an inspiration.

Dios te bendiga mi amigo, que me alegró el día

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#324180 - 05/14/11 05:00 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Telmo,
EXCELLANT My friend...just Excellant!
Very nice medley, and I enjoyed it all....You especialy did a nice job transitioning from one piece to the next.
I love that kind of music and I am so glad I got you started with the ALW songs ect, and then others followed....I would have even requested that too, but I did not want to use up all my rrquests!

Glad to see others requesting and enjoying the same kind of arranger play I like too.

I am convinced the T4 in the right hands can do everything I need...I may have to add some things, like you have but of course I can. I have my PA2XPRO for sale and when I sell it...soon after I will be getting T4.

Your playing and the way you use T4 has helped me come to that conclusion.

#324182 - 05/14/11 05:28 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: leeboy]
Telmo Offline

Hi everybody, I wish to Thank you all for all the kind and positive comments about the performance:
EDDIE, thanks for the kind words.
DNJ, I'm glad you enjoyed. Thanks for this suggestion.
SCOTT, Thanks for the kind words. I have to watch out for the distortion. I tend to raise to high the Multipads volume. I'll try to fix that. Thanks for the tip.
GARY, BEAKYBIRD, SORYT, thank you mates for all your kind words.
CHICO, valeu, obrigado.
LARRY, I'm glad you liked the production. Well thanks to you for suggested me this soundtrack. It's nice to hear that your nephew enjoyed it as well. God bless you.
LEE, I'm glad you enjoyed the video. Nice you are going to have your Tyros4 soon. It's a great arranger. Thanks for all your kind comments and to be the one who inspired me to post my videos here. God bless you my friend.

#324184 - 05/14/11 05:52 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
BrisbaneJim Offline

Loc: Hervey Bay, Queensland, Austra...
Bloody brilliant Telmo. You should be doing movie soundtracks. The studios could save a fortune having you replace an entire orchestra and conductor. Enjoy your offerings as much as watching the Brazil football team!

Jim

#324187 - 05/14/11 06:14 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
As a true follower of all things Star Wars - I LOVED it. That music is so beautiful, that even without the terrific story and effects, it will remain a classic in American music forever.

#324188 - 05/14/11 06:16 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Check out me, my daughter and my grandson 2 years ago on Halloween!

Attachments
Yoda 7.JPG

#324189 - 05/14/11 06:17 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Or THIS one ....

Attachments
Yoda 8.JPG

Description: Using the force!

#324192 - 05/14/11 07:11 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Telmo, you continue to impress me with your great playing, incredible arrangements, and masterful presntations.

You are SZ's consummate showman and resident movie score maker.

Nice work, nice work indeed!

Ian

PS...;you truly showcase the power and scope of the awesome Yamaha Tyros4.

#324193 - 05/14/11 07:36 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Check out me, my daughter and my grandson 2 years ago on Halloween!

Very cute David, we can call your pictures, "Star Wars...'Invasion' by the Boyds"

Ian

PS...when does your Soundtrack come out?

#324194 - 05/14/11 07:53 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

You never know when Darth Vader will pop up !! darthvader

Attachments
dpdv.jpg

#324198 - 05/14/11 08:26 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Now, that can't possibly be the real Darth Vader...he wasn't that vertically challenged, or that abdominally enhanced.

But he is in shape..."round" is a shape....isn't it?

He also doesn't look very happy...he needs a nice new Yamaha Tyros4, and, then he can pretend to be as good and as happy as our illustrious Telmo. keys

May the Farce Be With You!

Ian

#324199 - 05/14/11 08:30 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

hahahah darthvader it was a Star Wars festival gig I did a few years ago,..... sigh, the Bose days......;)

Edited by Dnj (05/14/11 08:32 PM)

#324202 - 05/14/11 08:42 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

hahahah darthvader it was a Star Wars festival gig I did a few years ago,..... sigh, the Bose days......;)

Did you know the shart and tick guy dressed as Darth Vader?

That is so funny looking!

Looks like Yoda dressed in Darth Vader's pyjamas.

Ian

#324204 - 05/14/11 08:47 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: ianmcnll]
lahawk Offline

And judging by his "lightsaber" he's happy to see you. surprised

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#324207 - 05/14/11 09:01 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: lahawk]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: lahawk

And judging by his "lightsaber" he's happy to see you. surprised

Ha Ha...good one, Larry.

It calls to mind the lines in the RETURN OF THE JEDI..."I look forward to completing your training. In time you will call me master." smirk

Or, "There is good in him, I've felt it."

And, who can forget the immortal line, "I never knew I had it in me."

Ian

#324210 - 05/14/11 09:11 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
lahawk Offline

rotf2 Ian...that is really funny stuff laugh bounce

Pricess Leia quote from Star Wars:
..."Aren't you a little short for a StormTrooper?"

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#324211 - 05/14/11 09:17 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
lahawk Offline

Since Telmo uses custom pads, style and voice patches, I wonder what this recording sounds like on a T-4 [and other arrangers] without those patches. I suspect pretty good on a T-2,-T-3, and T-4 but maybe not so good for others. Maybe he can upload the original midi recording to see what happens in various boards...along with perhaps the MP3? smirk

Side question: Does anyone have a Windows method of recording or extracting sound only from a video and save as an MP3? I have Acoustica that does a decent job of recording direct from pc sound, but I'm curious as to other methods.

Sorry Telmo...your Post has been somewhat hijacked, so I'll repeat...THANKS FOR YOUR LATEST...IT'S THE GREATEST!

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#324212 - 05/14/11 09:24 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
ianmcnll Offline

Yes, my apologies as well, Telmo...this thread is supposed to be about you and your exceptional music and playing...not pictures of Girth Vader.

You can be sure that the folks at Yamaha are beaming with pride, at your incredible showcasing of their fantastic Tyros4 arranger.

I have sent the link to all my Yamaha buddies.

Keep them coming, my friend.

Ian

#324213 - 05/14/11 09:40 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: lahawk]
ianmcnll Offline

Side question: Does anyone have a Windows method of recording or extracting sound only from a video and save as an MP3? I have Acoustica that does a decent job of recording direct from pc sound, but I'm curious as to other methods.

Sorry Telmo...your Post has been somewhat hijacked, so I'll repeat...THANKS FOR YOUR LATEST...IT'S THE GREATEST!

Larry, maybe this is what you are looking for?

http://www.video2mp3.net/

Ian

#324214 - 05/14/11 10:36 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

The real Darth Vader never had Big Macs, they didn't have a MacDonalds where he came from.

Regards tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#324217 - 05/15/11 01:05 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: lahawk]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

Hi Larry

This program set should do everything you want. (Download the full package as it really is a complete suite)

Hope this helps

Bill

#324218 - 05/15/11 01:20 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
abacus Offline

Hi Telmo

Once again a fantastic performance, however I have to say, you are way beyond an arranger keyboard (Even though the T4 is one of the best out there) and should really be looking into using a DAW, or going for a full computer software solution, as this would give you really stunning sounds and flexibility as well as allow you to make the most of your own patches.

NOTE: This is not a criticism of the T4, but applies to all hardware arrangers no matter what the make.

Once again, a brilliant performance and I look forward to many more.

Regards

Bill

#324222 - 05/15/11 03:30 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: BrisbaneJim]
Telmo Offline

Hi JIM,
Thanks a lot for your kind comments and high remarks. I appreciate your kindness. Best regards, Telmo.

#324223 - 05/15/11 03:33 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: lahawk]
Telmo Offline

Hi LARRY
I assume you are asking for the mp3 version. When I post a video I always have the mp3 version as well. So, here it is:

Mp3 Version: http://www.4shared.com/audio/sdpkcg5x/Star_Wars.html

#324224 - 05/15/11 03:36 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: ianmcnll]
Telmo Offline

Thanks a lot IAN, for all you kind words and high remarks. Nothing to apologize about it. I enjoy all the funny pictures and comments about the forum discussion. That's what makes this great forum interesting to follow. All the best mate. Telmo.

#324225 - 05/15/11 03:39 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: abacus]
Telmo Offline

Hi BILL(Abacus)
Thank you for your kind words. I just wish you had Tyros4. I could gladly share my settings with you. All the best. Telmo.

#324226 - 05/15/11 04:20 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Telmo Offline

Hi Uncle DAVID
Thanks for the comments and for taking the time to watch. By the way, you have a beautiful grandson and daughter. Best regards, Telmo.

#324228 - 05/15/11 05:46 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
A fantastic performance!!
Both the artist and keyboard are un-beatable IMHO.
Telmo YOU are are real PRO.

#324231 - 05/15/11 06:13 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: lahawk]
Dnj Offline

Side question: Does anyone have a Windows method of recording or extracting sound only from a video and save as an MP3?

http://flv2mp3.com/

#324236 - 05/15/11 08:27 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: abacus]
lahawk Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus

Hi Larry

This program set should do everything you want. (Download the full package as it really is a complete suite)

Hope this helps

Bill

Hi Bill,
I'm not sure what program you are referring to.

Ian and Don,
Thanks for the links. They both do the job, but the pop-ups can be a little annoying. I guess it comes with the price.

Telmo,
Thanks for the your Star Wars MP3 link. It's now on my MP3 player. headphone

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#324237 - 05/15/11 09:11 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
Dnj Offline

Larry your very welcome enjoy.....i find it easy and free...no pop ups using chrome.

#324241 - 05/15/11 10:17 AM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: lahawk]
abacus Offline

[quote] Hi Bill,
I'm not sure what program you are referring to. [quote]

Hi Larry

This is the complete suite http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm

Or if you just want the video to mp3 http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-to-MP3-Converter.htm

Hope this helps

Bill

#324254 - 05/15/11 05:07 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: kla4]
Telmo Offline

Hello KLA 4,
Thank you very much for your kind words and compliments. I really appreciate your comments. All the best. Telmo.

#324259 - 05/15/11 06:53 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
lahawk Offline

Thanks for the link Bill
I'll check it out

Regards,

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#329383 - 07/24/11 02:28 PM Re: Dedicated to Larry and Dnj - Star Wars on Tyros4 [Re: Telmo]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I was curious...so today I put on some of my Star Wars videos...and I found this performace of Telmos and sound quality from the T4 outstanding as compared to the real orchetral performace.

I put it on, turned up my speaker system...VERY LOUD, and played this without watching Telmo's video at all (not that that is any issue) WOW....VERY impressive. it really sounds like a real orchestra playing this...you can even easily pick out instruments and they sound great together.

I have not heard ANY keyboard do this even close to this well.
I especially love how the horns soar above and in just the right balance.
Telmo...once again very well done

I would love to have someone with a PA3 try to do this...it would be cool to compare the sound.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online