SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#324025 - 05/12/11 05:12 AM Gingrich makes it official with weak declaration..
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I think he's one of the most serious players hoping to face-off against Obama in 2012. I think his opening gambit was dull, clumsy and hardly inspiring.

http://reasonableconversation.blogspot.com/2011/05/gingrich-throws-hat-in-presidential.html

#324039 - 05/12/11 08:29 AM Re: Gingrich makes it official with weak declaration.. [Re: Bill in Dayton]
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
I know nothing about his politics. but isn't that the guy who served the divorce papers to his wife while she was in the hospital battling cancer?

Next stop, that senator from the "Dukes of Hazzard"? Ben Jones was the name?

#324081 - 05/12/11 10:23 PM Re: Gingrich makes it official with weak declaration.. [Re: trident]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Quote:
isn't that the guy who served the divorce papers to his wife while she was in the hospital battling cancer?

YES, and did so at the same time as he was on a hunt to impeach Bill Clinton for alleged infidelities. rolleyes

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#324099 - 05/13/11 07:48 AM Re: Gingrich makes it official with weak declaration.. [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
But he is now washed clean via his baptism in the Catholic Church, right? Don't people love a good story of redemption?

He's messing with some unknown forces if he did this strictly as a political tactic.

#324101 - 05/13/11 08:15 AM Re: Gingrich makes it official with weak declaration.. [Re: lahawk]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: lahawk
YES, and did so at the same time as he was on a hunt to impeach Bill Clinton for alleged infidelities. rolleyes

Alledged??? smile smile smile Although, I could care less. After all, a life devoted to public service (or in Bill's case, servicING smile ), should have SOME kind of reward smile. Why can't we just think of him as just a "lusty lad", you know, like those Kennedy boys smile .

All kidding aside, NEWT, as PRESIDENT? There's a better chance that Elvis is still alive. I'm guessing that every Democrat in the country is praying that ol' Newt gets the GOP nod. It'll be the biggest landslide in presidential election history.

chas

#324581 - 05/20/11 03:09 PM Re: Gingrich makes it official with weak declaration.. [Re: trident]
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online