SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#323916 - 05/10/11 09:34 PM Re: OK - ROLAND ... are you listening????? [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The PA3X is nice, but wouldn't the Roland BK-7m be a bit hard to sell considering it has issues?

Ian

#323923 - 05/11/11 05:02 AM Re: OK - ROLAND ... are you listening????? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The 800 is going NOwhere. If I get something else for home, then that'll be something fun, but I think there's still a market for this module. It's just not a question of balance for me ..... I tried everything I know - it has some shortcomings that make it less desirable, but not obsolete by a long shot. I could play a night with it this week, but it'd take more concentration then I'm used to.
So ...VK-8 on the block! BK7m - on the block! Start the bidding!
smile
It's really not a pressing issue because it's not my live rig. I'd be very happy having this setup at home for a while. No rush, but I will take a fast sale.

#323925 - 05/11/11 05:41 AM Re: OK - ROLAND ... are you listening????? [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Dave,
I have had mine for sale for 2 weeks - not a single inquiry yet.
In my opinion the module is best suited for someone with lots of time and patience. It certainly can be made to sound pretty good but with my gig schedule it would be a long time before I would get it ready for prime time. I used it yesterday on a gig just to see how it would work and it did just fine - BUT - the sound was nowhere near what I want on a regular gigging basis. And like Dave has indicated - it is a bit harder than it should be to save setups the way you want them to be.
Deane

#323927 - 05/11/11 07:04 AM Re: OK - ROLAND ... are you listening????? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
.VK-8 on the block! BK7m - on the block! Start the bidding!I'd be very happy having this setup at home for a while. No rush, but I will take a fast sale.

Well Dave as usually at least you gave it a good try......it will make someone very happy..no shame in trying. If it's not a right fit so be it theres plenty other gear out there and MORE on the way soon. I knew right away once Fran cancelled the Bk7m order three times something wasn't right. This waiting is taxing my patience but I'm sticking to my plan and sitting back until the right thing comes along. Good luck in your next venture.

#324004 - 05/11/11 05:56 PM Re: OK - ROLAND ... are you listening????? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

You know, at this moment, there is no better solution for my home rig than this BK7m ... I just had high hopes that it might do some road duty one day too. I'm disappointed, but it's very, very usable in it's present setup. When I'm recording, I have the extra time to fuss and make setups. It'll get used happily at home until it's sold. I have a few more ways to try it out before I am 100% sure of what I think of it.

If I was doing a midi-guitar single, I think it might be a killer addition...or accordion too, or grand piano even. I just have so many quirks and old habits that are hard to break. I believe some of the limitations are merely oversights, and my be upgraded in future OS additions.

#324007 - 05/11/11 06:18 PM Re: OK - ROLAND ... are you listening????? [Re: Uncle Dave]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I don't understand why you sell it if it usable in its current setup. I can think of dozens ways to use this great module with my PA3x.

#324022 - 05/12/11 04:27 AM Re: OK - ROLAND ... are you listening????? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Oh Fran ... you haven't been here long enough to know how fickle some of us are with music gear. Hell - I've been married 3 times - does THAT explain my personality a little? LOL I DO like the module, and it will get lots of use in the studio. maybe someday, Roland will update the bugs, but for now - it's fine for what it does. I'm just not married to it (or anyone) at the moment.

#324076 - 05/12/11 09:24 PM Re: OK - ROLAND ... are you listening????? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Oh Fran ... you haven't been here long enough to know how fickle some of us are with music gear. Hell - I've been married 3 times - does THAT explain my personality a little? LOL I DO like the module, and it will get lots of use in the studio. maybe someday, Roland will update the bugs, but for now - it's fine for what it does. I'm just not married to it (or anyone) at the moment.

Maybe #4 will be the charm Dave don't give up on happiness! woot

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online