SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#323932 - 05/11/11 07:31 AM Re: Requests?? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
"She's no Lady" has ALWAYS been a favorite, Don ... here's a version I did on the X-1 years ago!
Ian, as a strong baritone, I've never been able to find a way to like doing "Crying" without the upper octave jump at the end, so I just never do it. I've been cursed with a "just a tad" lower then the big guys voice. That's how I got to love vocal harmony so much - if I wanted to sing along with the radio, I had to make up my own harmony!

Awww c'mon, UD ... that was nothing more than a tease !!! ... just as I was getting ready to D/L it for my iPOD, it's OVER!!! ... what's up with that ?!?!?!? ...

How about a nice mid tempo jazzy version of "Days of Wine and Roses" ? ... "Hallelujah I Just Love Her So" ... "All Right, OK, You Win" ...

Tony probably the whole song can't fit in the alloted MB upload size on the forum?

#323936 - 05/11/11 07:40 AM Re: Requests?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Tio David- thank you for offering to do some requests. Could you demonstrate some of the Latin Styles? I'd like to hear salsa, merengue, cumbia, bachata, and reggaeton. You could just play some common chords progressions or whatever tune you'd like.

¡muchisimas gracias!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#323949 - 05/11/11 08:54 AM Re: Requests?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks Dave, I already have that version though. I wanna hear it on the BK!
DonM

#323950 - 05/11/11 08:59 AM Re: Requests?? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Thanks Dave, I already have that version though. I wanna hear it on the BK!
DonM

Excactly Don....that's what I thought the "REQUEST" was for Dave asked for BK7m styles, etc, ?....before you sell it Dave.

#324002 - 05/11/11 05:50 PM Re: Requests?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OK, OK .... as soon as Fridays Spring concert is over, I promise to TRY to make a few samples of this thing in action.
I'm just really busy - my Dad has been in the hospital all week and I have done nothing but run from school to hospital to bed ... rinse, lather and repeat ... He's coming home tomorrow and the concert is Friday, so I may get some of my life back after the weekend.
I'll try!

#324009 - 05/11/11 07:05 PM Re: Requests?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
When you get time, do a few bars of your regular tunes, Dave, but use the Roland module.

I think it sounds great....I hope you get the kinks worked out of it, as it looks like it would be perfect for your keyboard setup.

Does the Nord offer a split, so you can use it on upper/lower or switch easy to use the Roland upper/lower?

Ian

#324021 - 05/12/11 04:22 AM Re: Requests?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Ian,
This all started because the Nord only offers a split with organ on both halves of the keys. There is a midi split feature, but that required a second source, which is why I started looking in the first place! lol
The Roland does a great job of splitting the Nord and letting me use it in the RH, along with 2 Roland voices. The only LH sound I ever use is bass, so the Lower tone on the Roland never gets used in my setup.(In arranger mode, I have a silent LH. My RH is very full and it it's too much with 2 handed playing plus what the arranger parts give me.) As a LH bass player, I have always played a "larger" feel in the RH, and sang the melody - making my trademark sound. (definitely not unique, but not the mainstream either)I rarely do instrumentals ( although I should to save my throat ), but when I do - the arranger comes in handy then, so my thinned out RH isn't lonely.

I'll work something up in a few days for you all to examine. Like I said before - this module is really very useful here in this setting for me. I just had higher hopes for it down the road, and that's why I'm willing to part with it. If it never sells - it'll get used here. The kinks are really all workable when you have extra time to reset things. Maybe Roland never knew thgese things still needed tweaking, or I got a "Friday at 4pm" unit.
wink

#324031 - 05/12/11 06:52 AM Re: Requests?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I haven't heard Dave's recording of "She's No Lady" in a few years but after hearing it again the old X1 still sounds very good to my ears. Maybe I should have kept mine.

Tom

#324067 - 05/12/11 05:07 PM Re: Requests?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

The ZI was very strong in bass and drums, but it had some glitches with the vocal harmonizer. I loved that organ tone I used in "She's no lady" ... it just layed right down in the pocket with that shuffle beat. It played itself!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online