SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 47 of 47 < 1 2 45 46 47
Topic Options
#323840 - 05/10/11 12:03 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I played my first gig today with my BK-7M. It went off without a single hitch. I was pleased that changing voices, variations, or OTS selections was as easy as it turned out to be. The only issue is the low end of all the styles I used today was way to heavy. I need to EQ the module for my Bose Compacts. I ran through about 40 tunes on the gig and although some work needs to be done on tweaking some of the voices it went well.

I have attached pictures of my setup - which needs a lot of work and fine tuning. But I'll get that worked out for the next gig. Only real complaint is the stand for the module George sent me is a real pain to transport - it needs to be replaced but is fine at home.

You'll notice in the pictures I used my Ipad today on a music stand for my lead sheets. Gosh- it was a good 10 inches closer to me than my usual setup - very nice!

Deane

Attachments
BK-7M's First Gig.zip (94 downloads)

Edited by hammer (05/10/11 12:05 PM)

#323843 - 05/10/11 01:04 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: hammer]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Nice setup !!

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#323844 - 05/10/11 01:16 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Dnj Offline

Dean good luck with your new setup.

#323850 - 05/10/11 03:24 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Deane

I think that’s the first time I have seen the Bose system in front of the player, most players have them behind them so that they can hear what the audiences hears.

Bill

#323861 - 05/10/11 04:12 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
hammer Offline

I have never allowed speakers to be placed behind me. I value my hearing to much. Believe me, over time all that sound can take it's toll. As long as I can hear what is coming from the speakers that is all I need.

Deane

#323863 - 05/10/11 04:14 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
hammer Offline

I have never used the mastering tools on a Roland keyboard. But, I need to reduce the overall bass levels on the Bk-7M. Can someone give me a hint where to start?

Deane

#323864 - 05/10/11 04:17 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
I have never allowed speakers to be placed behind me. I value my hearing to much. Believe me, over time all that sound can take it's toll. As long as I can hear what is coming from the speakers that is all I need.

Deane

How loud are you playing Deane in a NH gig? surprised ......many times speakers in front of the player, without using a monitor can sound very Bassy due to you not being able to hear the high frequencies from behind...I personally keep both my speakers 6-8ft to the left an right of me exactly horizontal of my ears

#323872 - 05/10/11 04:47 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Sweentech1 Offline

Loc: Scotland, UK.
That looks like a nice lightweight setup Deane, though I am very surprised you dont have the BK behind the keyboard! When I demo it in the store, I do this. For me it puts it in a position which is very familiar to arranger players.

I am very pleased to hear your set went without a hitch. Regarding the EQ, you need to look in the mastering tools, you will probably have to lower the gain on the low and mid frequencies. A good way to sound check this is record yourself playing into the audio recorder, and have it playback while you can stand at the back of the room. make you adjustments and then replay the file and hear it at the back of the room again. It's useful as a preview feature.

Good luck!

P.S. You are right to guard against damagiong your ears. You only get one set. Once they are damaged, they are damaged for good. More musicians should look after their hearing!

#323883 - 05/10/11 06:07 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: abacus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: abacus
Hi Deane

I think that’s the first time I have seen the Bose system in front of the player, most players have them behind them so that they can hear what the audiences hears.

Bill

One of the best features of the Bose is that you CAN her it from behind, in front, off to the side .... it's not a big deal to be behind the tower!

Page 47 of 47 < 1 2 45 46 47

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online