SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#323388 - 05/02/11 08:47 PM Boosting wave volume without reducing quality
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
I have a .wav files sampled from a pipe organ.The volume of the
WAV files are low and i wan't to increase the volume of WAV file.Please let me know if
there is any better program that can increase the volume of the organ stops
and the voice quality should be the same.I have tried many programs
and the volume increases but the disturbance also rises to a certain
amount.

Please help me out if there is any good program available for this purpose.

Thanks,
Sunny

#323725 - 05/09/11 01:00 AM Re: Boosting wave volume without reducing quality [Re: sunny152]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
So when you said you had tried other programs, was that using their "Normalize" function that maximises the level of the wave?

#415753 - 01/31/16 11:36 PM Re: Boosting wave volume without reducing quality [Re: sunny152]
Kosmorot Offline

First, any program editor suitable for normalization. And you can increase the density of the sound plugins Steven Slate Digital and my favorite FAP filter. The tutorial is on the tube

#478343 - 10/19/19 07:33 AM Re: Boosting wave volume without reducing quality [Re: sunny152]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Sunny:

Even with a simple "Editor" such as the free version of WavePad... you can display the song-file (WAV or MP3) and highlight individual portions of the song (or melody) and increase or decrease the sound in that segment by a few percentages without distorting the rest of the work.

This method is a bit tedious but will allow you to complete the volume edits, save it to a different file (or overwrite the existing file) and then test it by listening to the final result. If more edits are needed, simply repeat the process. In time, it becomes a bit easier but is still tedious.

I don't do multi-track recording. Instead, I record the vocal and the keyboard song performance into one file, then I use the above stated method to get the little increases or decreases in volume. One thing for certain, I get lots of practice this way.

Best of luck, ----Dave

#478355 - 10/19/19 10:21 AM Re: Boosting wave volume without reducing quality [Re: sunny152]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Any program that does normalisation will increase the volume without adding any problems, however it works on the complete file, so if the disturbances you mention were recorded along with the pipe sound then these will be increased as well.
If it is the latter your having problems with, then you will need more advanced knowledge to be able to use an editor to remove them, so I am afraid you will need to get studying sampling and mastering to clean it up. (There is no software that will do it by a click of a button)

Bill

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online