SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#323631 - 05/07/11 11:13 AM Re: A genuine Fender Rhodes [Re: Sweentech1]
Dnj Offline

When I'm in a "Rhodesie" kind of mood I take out my S910 and select a few EP's and close my eyes and play.....soothes my fix easily. I sold my suitcase in the mid seventies when computerized KB's started to take the front stage and I was able to condense my stage rig from 4 KB's down to two for a while....just to have gear in here gathering dust is not my thing, never was, but I respect everyones loves & needs as we're all different in our love of music..if I don't have an immediate use for gear I don't keep it around. At this point in time I am being very selective in what I accumulate now that I have a clean palette again...it won't be long before amazing things come to market. Anyway Happy Mothers Day everyone...I'll be popping a double gig for the Mommies!

L8tr

Edited by Dnj (05/07/11 11:13 AM)

#323632 - 05/07/11 11:27 AM Re: A genuine Fender Rhodes [Re: Sweentech1]
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Dave, when are you going to buy my clavinet D6. I been holding it for you as requested for about 5 years but have to move it out, along with some other keyboards. Running out of room now even in the storage frown
Bebop

#323633 - 05/07/11 11:35 AM Re: A genuine Fender Rhodes [Re: BEBOP]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: BEBOP
Dave, when are you going to buy my clavinet D6. I been holding it for you as requested for about 5 years but have to move it out, along with some other keyboards. Running out of room now even in the storage frown
Bebop

#323650 - 05/07/11 02:59 PM Re: A genuine Fender Rhodes [Re: Dnj]
BEBOP Offline

YUp that is it. Somewhere along the way I have lost the legs and I think the music rack too.
I used to play this plugged into a Fender twin Reverb back in those old days and it would sound more like a fender guitar then the guitar did. It was really great for jamming.
Bebop

#323652 - 05/07/11 03:16 PM Re: A genuine Fender Rhodes [Re: BEBOP]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Dave, when are you going to buy my clavinet D6. I been holding it for you as requested for about 5 years frown

YIKES! I forgot you had that beast. As I recall, Russ was going to fly us out there! (haha) Do you have the cover too? No legs ??? frown
Let's talk anyway ... my museum is lonely. 3000 miles, wow .... how are we EVER going to meet up?

#323656 - 05/07/11 04:24 PM Re: A genuine Fender Rhodes [Re: Sweentech1]
Sweentech1 Offline

Loc: Scotland, UK.
Dave, one of my customers has a Rhodes 73 and a Hohner Clvinet D6. He brought the Hohner into the shop recently to try it out with various boutique pedals. I got a quick blast on it, and just loved it. The fella I am talking about writes his own songs for these, and his funk band. I think they are awesome.

Check them out if you can find them. They are called The Federation of Disco Pimps !

Whilst it's a bit of a mouthful, they do some great stuff.

One thing I have noticed over the past 2 days playing the Rhodes though, is how good many of the current modeled instruments are at replicating the sound.

I spoke to the owner today. he didn't have price in mind, and I think was a bit embarrassed that I asked him for one. he said he hated doing business with people he knows. I hope that doesn't mean he wanted to stich someone up! Anyway, I'll have a think over the weekend and make im an offer I think. I'll see what happens.

#323671 - 05/07/11 09:46 PM Re: A genuine Fender Rhodes [Re: Uncle Dave]
BEBOP Offline

no legs, no music stand, no cover just a 9V battery smile
Keeps the weight down. smile
Let me know when Russ is going to fly you to San Jose. smile
Bebop

#323672 - 05/07/11 09:51 PM Re: A genuine Fender Rhodes [Re: BEBOP]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Let me know when Russ is going to fly you to San Jose

"... do you know the way?" (couldn't resist!)

#323734 - 05/09/11 07:16 AM Re: A genuine Fender Rhodes [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
My Rhodes was a 'gift' from an uncle who played classical piano ... after he purchased the Rhodes he realized it did not fit his needs, so he gave it to me ... used it for many years with the band in NY ... mine had the curved top which actually worked well for sitting the 'accordion' of my Cordovox on top of it ... used the Cordovox for organ sounds ...

A number of years ago a niece and nephew used the Rhodes to begin piano lessons ... the Rhodes now sits in my granddaughter's bedroom, waiting for HER to begin piano lessons ... smile

#323739 - 05/09/11 07:59 AM Re: A genuine Fender Rhodes [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

I used to play a Rhodes on a Cruise ship lounge gig in the early 80's...my fingers still hurt ..lol keys great instrument in it's day.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online