Topic Options
#323409 - 05/03/11 09:35 AM Pa3x style examples
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...

Edited by Saswick (05/03/11 09:58 AM)

#323414 - 05/03/11 12:14 PM Re: Pa3x style examples [Re: Saswick]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
what a bad sound quality from the Pa3,must be the recording.

Impuls confused1

#323428 - 05/03/11 05:42 PM Re: Pa3x style examples [Re: Saswick]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
at this point you have to ask yourself what the hell are Korg trying to do ?????????

The demonstrator is obviously not an arranger player. He does not know that he needs to change chords with his left hand in a timely way. He plays the lead guitar like he would a piano, the sax like a piano and the organ like a piano. Should i take a wild guess that this guy mainly plays piano !!

I know that Korg have better demonstrators. what about the french guy with 4 fingers on one hand ? He can certainly do better than this guy.

The sounds are uninspiring and now the keyboard has been out for more than 3 months and i am still asking so what the hell kind of upgrade is this ? When are the great DNC sounds going to be showcased ? Did i miss it ? Forget the specs . What are you hearing that makes you want to upgrade.

AS for the T4 its all beebn already said. this is an outstanding arranger in terms of pure high quality sounds and styles.

#323429 - 05/03/11 05:53 PM Re: Pa3x style examples [Re: Saswick]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Do you really think this competes head on with the Tyros 4?

You listen and compare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaXF7mpFQPM

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#323436 - 05/03/11 09:57 PM Re: Pa3x style examples [Re: kbrkr]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I sat and I sat and I sat waiting for the Audya to come out after their initial announcement. By the time it came out, I lost all my enthusiasm for it.

I'm starting to go through the same thing with the PA3xPRO and the Kronos.

Manufacturers think that by announcing a product 10 years in advance, that many will hold off buying something else. Have they ever considered those who become so impatient, they DO resort to buying something else rather than put their lives on hold!

#323443 - 05/04/11 03:13 AM Re: Pa3x style examples [Re: kbrkr]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Do you really think this competes head on with the Tyros 4?

You listen and compare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaXF7mpFQPM

I came to the conclusion that if you both wand the good things of Korg and Yamaha that a Tyros 4 and a Kronos 88 are a match made in heaven..

Tyros 4 : Best accustic instrument simmulations (SA and SA2), biggests style database in the world with high quallity styles available for every immaginable song, Easy access yamaha feautures, the Yamaha sound, works great out of the box, verry nice 61 keys keybed, great sounding organs, high quallity vocal harmony processor.

Kronos 88 : Best sounding synthsounds, awesome strings and piano's, KARMA, very good 88 keys hammer action keybed, indepth synth edditing, lots of controll options and programmabillity options..

If you don't want to use any software based solutions.... this is the best combination a keyboard artist could wish for. A mix made in heaven with 2 instruments that have their strengths where the other instrument has its weak spots.

For those of us that use 2 keyboards, its certainly something to consider.

From the things i have seen and heard so far, Korg is missing the boat with its PA3X unless they quickly come with a software update that adds some amazing features..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#323444 - 05/04/11 04:02 AM Re: Pa3x style examples [Re: Saswick]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Bachus,

I agree to a point; my problem is I haven't heard a Kronos yet. I went upgraded my Motif XS to an XF so I would have the Flash Ram capability for samples and I really could use the extra bank of User sounds. But the Motif has some pretty darn good Synth voices as well and the new Motif XF has some sweet pianos. Plus; we see there are now a flood of new voice libraries being converted to the Motif to exploit the Flash Ram (2gig). I have 4 voice libraries for the Motif that I just cannot live without that do not exist on the Roland or Korg.

With that said, I considered (and still do) the Kronos only because I believe in having a mixture of sounds and diversity in my palette and I would get that from having a Korg on my stand rather than both keyboards being Yamaha's.

I totally agree with you on the Tyros 4. I had purchased the Audya before the Tyros 4 thinking it would work for me; but it just didn't and the T4 is everything I could have hoped for in an arranger.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#323454 - 05/04/11 07:56 AM Re: Pa3x style examples [Re: kbrkr]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Bachus,

I agree to a point; my problem is I haven't heard a Kronos yet. I went upgraded my Motif XS to an XF so I would have the Flash Ram capability for samples and I really could use the extra bank of User sounds. But the Motif has some pretty darn good Synth voices as well and the new Motif XF has some sweet pianos. Plus; we see there are now a flood of new voice libraries being converted to the Motif to exploit the Flash Ram (2gig). I have 4 voice libraries for the Motif that I just cannot live without that do not exist on the Roland or Korg.

With that said, I considered (and still do) the Kronos only because I believe in having a mixture of sounds and diversity in my palette and I would get that from having a Korg on my stand rather than both keyboards being Yamaha's.

I totally agree with you on the Tyros 4. I had purchased the Audya before the Tyros 4 thinking it would work for me; but it just didn't and the T4 is everything I could have hoped for in an arranger.

The Kronos will sound much if not identical to the Oasys...

Did you ever hear the oasys? Then you know what to expect from the Kronos...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#323460 - 05/04/11 08:59 AM Re: Pa3x style examples [Re: Saswick]
FransN Offline

The sound quality of these Korg style examples videos and also the player make the PA3x sound so bad that even my PA500 blow the PA3x out of the water.

Do you really think this is how the PA3x sound? Think again.

Bad thing is putting these videos on youtube will do Korg more harm then good. So why is Korg doing this or allowing this?
I really like an answer to that. Their marketing is so bad.

#323525 - 05/05/11 02:28 PM Re: Pa3x style examples [Re: FransN]
FransN Offline

70s Disco2 demo PA3x

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online