SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#323422 - 05/03/11 02:51 PM NOTATION help needed ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have created a music file that has only the melody line of a song. That has been processed with Notation software and I have produced a 'lead sheet'. However, the lead sheet written by notation shows in bass clef.
What I have to do is transcribe the notes seen on the Notation software onto hard copy in treble clef for copyright purposes. Copying from Notation would be a lot easier if it were in treble clef.

I am getting hardly any volume from Notation when I play back on the PC.
I am using 'Digital Ear' to create the midi file, which contains only the melody line ... I have checked all the volume controls I can think of, but no luck ...

thnx,

#323453 - 05/04/11 07:44 AM Re: NOTATION help needed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Tony - have you tried transposing the line up an octave or two? Maybe your notation software will handle it better then. Also, if you have access to Band In a Box or Power Tracks, you could import your MIDI file and do the lead sheet fairly easily.

Not sure what you can do about your volume issue as I am not familiar the "Digital Ear" software. Be glad to help if I can...

Good luck!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#323456 - 05/04/11 08:27 AM Re: NOTATION help needed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Tony
I have been using the Notate Composer for years and make lead sheets all the time.

http://www.notation.com/NotationComposer.php

In my program, there is a choice of clef's. You might have to raise the octave in the notation only, as has been said, but there must be that option on your program. If not, mine is on sale and is excellent.
Bernie

#323467 - 05/04/11 02:50 PM Re: NOTATION help needed ... [Re: Bernie9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Randy and Bernie ... thnx for the responses ...
I found out how to change the clef and 'transpose' the notes so that they 'fit on the scale', if you know what I mean wink ...
we are using Notation Composer and what we have done thus far is have my friend sing and record the melody with ACID PRO to create a wave file, use Digital Ear to convert the wave to midi, and use NC to convert the midi to a lead sheet ... as involved as it may sound it has been working well ... we did lead sheets to 17 songs today ...

I do have another question - is there a way to set the treble clef as the default?
thnx agn,
t.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online