SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#323285 - 05/01/11 10:55 AM AUDYA Possibilityes ??
stelibo Offline

Loc: Skopje,F.Y.R.O.Macedonia
I am owner of PA2X Pro for 3 years, PA1X Pro 2 years before and Roland G800/G1000/VA76 10 years before KORG. So my experience in playng arrangers is realy big, I don't know how YAMAHA T3 work (the sound is great) but I love my PA2X Pro, the way of arranger play styles, guitar mode, etc, etc. So I realy like sound from AUDYA, Drums and Bass are perfect for me, wav/mp3 player too, transpose of audio files - perfect, tempo change too, ability for excluding vocal from audio song unbelievable, so maybe if you could to answer questions that will be relevant for me to bying new AUDYA 5 instead of PA3X.

At this point, it's dificult to know how AUDYA 5 work because I don't have one at my home, I have read AUDYA user manual but stil have some questions in that way....BTW sorry for my english and sorry if I ask some question which one is answered in user manual maybe, but you know, I don't have AUDYA at home to see and remeber all things from one reading of manual only.

<<<< STYLE - ARRANGER MODE >>>>

1. Is it possible to make style from midi file? I like that option in PA2 because I use lot of styles from midi files, and my gig is like
INTRO1
VAR1, VAR2,
Fill,
VAR4,
FILL,
INTRO2/BREAK,
VER 2,
FILL1/2,
VER4,
ENDING

2. Is it possible to play INTRO after arranger is started or ENDING only, or can I program some INTRO into BREAK ?

3. How many user stle places are available with 64MB and how many with 256MB of RAM?

4. Can I change styles but keep sounds for right hand (like keeping one touch settings from one style to another one)?

6. Arranger Fill mode like PA2 where I can program the order of variations played after Fill (as for the example - Variation 2 then press Fill 1 to Variation 3???)

7. Keyboard range from style sequncer On/Off function and Wrap Around for MIDI arranger tracks?

8.EQ for every track or global?

9. MONO/POLY track ?

10. TEMPO lock, TAP/RESET tempo, HALF BAR button or ability in realtime?

11. can I program SINGLE TOUCH SETTINGS for every STYLE? if possible, how many of them per style?

<<<< STYLE - SEQ MODE >>>>

Is there STYLE sequencer? This is maybe PATERN EDIT?

1. CUE mode for Variations. For the example VAR1 is 8 bars, but I like to change next Variation from the begining or from 8th bar. This is CUE mode for??? (next measure, first measure or next measure, curent measure, and imediate first measure or imediate current measure)

2.style element track control like volume, expression, keyboard range for every MIDI track,

3. trigger mode and tension?

<<<< SOUND MODE >>>>

1. How many oscillators per sound have AUDYA sond generator?

2. How many user places for user sounds are available with 64MB and how many with 256MB of RAM?

<<<< SONG BOOK >>>> (REGISTRATIONS)

1. Possibility to store Genre, Artist, Key info, Tempo, Meter info data in song book for every registration, because of sorting?

2. Programing Sync start/stop or HOLD arranger in registration memory?

3. Programing STS settings for every song?

4. Search song book, FILTERING by name, genre, artist etc...

5. filtering in PA2 is very fast because of touch screen and QWERTY touch keyboard, but because of genre, artist, tempo...filtering too

6. Custom LIST available in song book?

#323342 - 05/02/11 07:11 AM Re: AUDYA Possibilityes ?? [Re: stelibo]
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
hi, I have together, but now prefer audya becuase I use only
I try to answer:
1. Is it possible to make style from midi file? I like that option in PA2 because I use lot of styles from midi files, and my gig is like
: yes , you cannot import direct, buy you can import-export audya styles into midi and edit like cubase. then you edit midi file and export work good.

2. Is it possible to play INTRO after arranger is started or ENDING only, or can I program some INTRO into BREAK ?
: yes you can assign to switch replay intro

3. How many user stle places are available with 64MB and how many with 256MB of RAM?
:styles are infinite. 999 for each folder type, plus normal to hard disk direct downalod (big limitation of korg)

4. Can I change styles but keep sounds for right hand (like keeping one touch settings from one style to another one)?
:yes

6. Arranger Fill mode like PA2 where I can program the order of variations played after Fill (as for the example - Variation 2 then press Fill 1 to Variation 3???)
: no only switch or up or down

7. Keyboard range from style sequncer On/Off function and Wrap Around for MIDI arranger tracks?
: I don't know

8.EQ for every track or global?
: only global

9. MONO/POLY track ?
: yes

10. TEMPO lock, TAP/RESET tempo, HALF BAR button or ability in realtime?
: yes, but not half bar that korg don't have too
and you cannot program half fill (like arranger 4/4 and fill 2/4 not possibile)

11. can I program SINGLE TOUCH SETTINGS for every STYLE? if possible, how many of them per style?

: every styles can load set of dedicate sounds I don't remember now mabye 8 or 16
is like pa2x but better because more slot. be attenttion that this slot are "link" of internal sound, you cannot save different program only fot that sytles like korg. you must save all your program into normal memory. and every styles assign the best you want

<<<< STYLE - SEQ MODE >>>>

Is there STYLE sequencer? This is maybe PATERN EDIT?

1. CUE mode for Variations. For the example VAR1 is 8 bars, but I like to change next Variation from the begining or from 8th bar. This is CUE mode for??? (next measure, first measure or next measure, curent measure, and imediate first measure or imediate current measure)
: edit pattern exist of course not full like korg.
no you can't. every variation start always from 1

2.style element track control like volume, expression, keyboard range for every MIDI track,
: not sure but yes

3. trigger mode and tension?
: what ? guitar mode ?

<<<< SOUND MODE >>>>

1. How many oscillators per sound have AUDYA sond generator?
: ahahah forget. audya has audio styles, korg has the syth mode. program (like korg performance) has 3 voice + 2. voice
stop. you can't edit ostillator, forget the 16 stop

2. How many user places for user sounds are available with 64MB and how many with 256MB of RAM?
: the slot is not problem, the problem is ram, actualy only 64 you can load only hdisk plus sounds. that some sounds aver good but need 30 or more memory. forget the korg sampler. you cannot create good sounds

<<<< SONG BOOK >>>> (REGISTRATIONS)

1. Possibility to store Genre, Artist, Key info, Tempo, Meter info data in song book for every registration, because of sorting?
: different mode. but I prefer. registration store the total panel, sounds, styles, mp3, split ecc. and registration you save into hdisk . not need more space then you can load registration directly through more folder. like artist genere ecc you create. korg song book is good but more long. audya is more more fast and easy

2. Programing Sync start/stop or HOLD arranger in registration memory?
: not sure but yes

3. Programing STS settings for every song?
: every styles , wav, mp3, midi too has set of dedicate sounds.
4. Search song book, FILTERING by name, genre, artist etc...
: no. only search in hdisk
5. filtering in PA2 is very fast because of touch screen and QWERTY touch keyboard, but because of genre, artist, tempo...filtering too

6. Custom LIST available in song book?
:better you can create list of song, style mp3 ecc
infinite and very fast then korg

I don't want that audya is better thatn korg. because I love korg too. is different. you course. korg is more "future" touch screen color, 16 oscillator ecc... audya is "arranger" real real plus good sounds. if you prefere arranger then midi ok... you will found "view mode" for create new styles very very fast using "audio drums, audio waves" and many many sequences for styles ready. if you want the oscillatorr.. use your pa2x

#323375 - 05/02/11 02:31 PM Re: AUDYA Possibilityes ?? [Re: stelibo]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thank you Pastroccio
This wasn't for me, but I learned a lot anyway.
Bernie

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online