SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3226 - 12/21/05 09:13 AM M1 Midi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi....I've got an M1 and am a learner. How do I connect the midi on the Korg to the midi in Tracktion the program I'm using.
Matt

#3227 - 12/21/05 02:00 PM Re: M1 Midi
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Does your keyboard have a gameport to interface a MIDI connection? If not you will need a MIDI interface, probably a USB to MIDI[M-Audio]...Connect from the Korg MIDI "OUT".....into the MIDI "IN" of the Interface..
Now you can transmit to the Computer..Reverse the cables and the Korg will recieve data from the computer..

#3228 - 12/21/05 11:16 PM Re: M1 Midi
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Yes like Fran said. You just need to get a MIDI interface on your PC so you can connect the M1 MIDI In & Out to the MIDI Out & In your computer. A USB MIDI interface would work fine. But many sound cards used to tranmit MIDI through the game controller port that you'd plug a joystick or pad into. You can tell if that is an option by looking at your computer hardware list and see if MIDI is listed under the soundcard features. If it is then a MIDI adapter is very cheap.

#3229 - 12/23/05 12:50 PM Re: M1 Midi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys will check your suggestions. I have an M Audio soundcard and Tracktion presently as my sequencer which certainly has a midi interface. I thought that I wasn't doing anything at the keyboard end. I'll try again

#3230 - 12/23/05 09:22 PM Re: M1 Midi
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I would think that Tracktion would just auto detect any incoming MIDI data irregardless of the MIDI channel your M1 is set to. Anyway you can change the MIDI transmit channel on the M1.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-23-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online