#320950 - 04/06/11 04:41 AM Re: Pa3x Style examples [Re: Saswick]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Wow ... dig that soprano at the end!
She's wailin!!!

#320953 - 04/06/11 05:33 AM Re: Pa3x Style examples [Re: Saswick]
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
The Bossa Nova at 2:33 sounds sooooo good!!

that new concert DNC Guitar is superb!!

great demo - and finally in good audio quality.
nice find Col

Nick

#320957 - 04/06/11 06:57 AM Re: Pa3x Style examples [Re: Saswick]
124 Offline

YES! This is more like it. The true colours are showing now. Ditto to the above comments, and how about that touch on the pitch ribbon on the clarinet at 3:30. I'd almost forgotten how good a pitch ribbon could be. Last time I had one of those at hand was on my old 1975 Micromoog.

Hey UD, how 'bout that EP on Sunny?

Edited by 124 (04/06/11 06:59 AM)

#320958 - 04/06/11 07:12 AM Re: Pa3x Style examples [Re: Saswick]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Well, that is certainly a better quality demo than what we've seen before, but it also reveals what several SZ'ers (some of them dedicated Korgians) were saying all along...the instrument has changed very little from the PA2XPro, at least in the sound and style departments...feature-wise, there appears to be some great upgrades, but otherwise, it sounds very much like the older model.

The limp sounding trumpet is well below par for a top of the line instrument...the acoustic guitar (DNC?) sound wasn't too bad, but nowhere near what it should be on an instrument at this level. Styles were very nice...the Santana type style (similar to Yamaha's Rock Cha Cha) was nicely done, but the letdown was the "Stereo Dist Guitar" which really doesn't have much guts. The Bossa Nova was also pretty good, but, it doesn't sound much different than what I heard on the other, older PA instruments, and the guitar sound used for the melody, is rather bland and not very expressive...I noticed some notes bleeding unnaturally into the others, but it just might have been a technique issue with the player.

Maybe the demonstrator wasn't familiar enough with the new instrument to showcase the new styles and sounds?

Let's hope further posted demos more clearly illustrate the "differences" and/or "improvements" from the earlier models.

Ian

#320961 - 04/06/11 08:15 AM Re: Pa3x Style examples [Re: Saswick]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Well Ian. Those that thought a whole new instrument was going to be demoed different to what we heard at namm were just cloud gazing. You know ....seeing shapes and faces in the clouds that actually were never there.

If these demos impressed in terms of sound then really thats no surprise as its a Korg PA2X oh wait it says PA3X...that cant be right can it ???? ... :-) I know we will probably have to wait another 3 months for the finished product (oops that excuse was already used ) to .....or perhaps we are still seeing and hearing the prototype.(nope that was used too) ..or maybe this was not REAL demo ( that too) , maybe this guy is just a sales rep with the first keyboard which will be updated with the proper OS later.(not this time) ..or.... or...

Amnyone fancy spending money to upgrade on this needs reasons other than the quality of sound.

Edited by spalding1968 (04/06/11 08:19 AM)

#320963 - 04/06/11 08:44 AM Re: Pa3x Style examples [Re: spalding1968]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
It seems that there is no need of decent demo's of the PA3x,
They don't want to sell to many units,to stay exclusive.:-)

Impuls bart

#320980 - 04/06/11 10:48 AM Re: Pa3x Style examples [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Online   content

I enjoyed listening to the demo.. drums were a bit thin for my liking but Im sure you could easily beef them up a bit. Little by little the demos get better....nice find.

#320990 - 04/06/11 11:32 AM Re: Pa3x Style examples [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
This is so typical of the average arranger player... swamp the backing with the lead sound. When will they ever learn? By the time you can hear yourself WELL, you are too damn loud!

This has the effect of making what ought to be pretty punchy backing simply sound weak. A better mixed version of this might impress quite a bit more...

Oh, and sorry, but I imagine Korg aficionados might be able to distinguish the new styles and sounds, but few else can. Just as I can't tell what is new and what is old (it all sounds the same to me) in a T4 demo. I expect there is at LEAST as much new in a PA3X compared to a PA2X as there was in a T3>T4 jump. But only the truly knowledgeable are likely to know what is what...

#320995 - 04/06/11 11:54 AM Re: Pa3x Style examples [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: spalding1968
Well Ian. Those that thought a whole new instrument was going to be demoed different to what we heard at namm were just cloud gazing. You know ....seeing shapes and faces in the clouds that actually were never there.

If these demos impressed in terms of sound then really thats no surprise as its a Korg PA2X oh wait it says PA3X...that cant be right can it ???? ... :-) I know we will probably have to wait another 3 months for the finished product (oops that excuse was already used ) to .....or perhaps we are still seeing and hearing the prototype.(nope that was used too) ..or maybe this was not REAL demo ( that too) , maybe this guy is just a sales rep with the first keyboard which will be updated with the proper OS later.(not this time) ..or.... or...

Amnyone fancy spending money to upgrade on this needs reasons other than the quality of sound.

Sounds just like the PA2XPro to me, Spalding. Like you (and you own a Korg arranger) I can't hear any change, however subtle it might be.

And, I also agree that anyone buying this arranger would be doing so for reasons other than an increase in the quality of sounds, although I suspect not many will want to pay that much money for a Chord Sequencer...there weren't too many that missed it when it was dropped from the Roland arrangers, so I have a feeling it won't mean all that much to the Korgians, who never had it in the first place.

I sure hope that there will be better demos of this new instrument, or, I'm afraid there will be a lot of disappointed people that have waited patiently for a replacement for their PA2XPro, or even the PA800.

Any sign of these instruments coming your way, so we can get a review from you?

Ian

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online