SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32073 - 01/29/06 08:51 AM update for available Cakewalk def file
manic2257 Offline

Loc: australia
it seems i cannot post this instrument definition file for cakewalk for the Midjay to cakewalk directly, OR perhaps i should say no-one has responded to questions re how to do this, much the same as the interest shown here really, anyhoo i will try to find out how to post this at the cakewalk.net site...if i can't, well i will just be happy to keep it to myself and let others work out their own.......btw to hans, thanks for the SD list, but i had to start from scratch anyway as there were some differences, not many but enough...plus there were some misprints in the tech tables as well as some other things i found out about in the process, that are not in the manual/tech tables (well not that i could see anyway)
cya

#32074 - 01/29/06 07:02 PM Re: update for available Cakewalk def file
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dennis,
I personally don't have cakewalk ( or a midijay actually), but your definition file could come in handy for my OMB software, if I end up using my sd1 as a soundsource for the program.
Would save me starting from scratch, even though I may need to change some of the instruments.

Have you tried asking the Yahoo Ketron/Solton user group.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by manic2257:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#32075 - 01/29/06 09:43 PM Re: update for available Cakewalk def file
manic2257 Offline

hi rikki, yep one person said "great!" and that was it...i also have the SD1 4.0a ins file that hans ? cant remember his last name, sent me, if you want it i dont ahve an SD so i cant vouch for its efficacy, but your welcome if you want me to send it on to you..
cya
dennis

#32076 - 01/29/06 10:10 PM Re: update for available Cakewalk def file
hrh999 Offline

Loc: 8302 Kloten, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally posted by manic2257:
..btw to hans, thanks for the SD list, but i had to start from scratch anyway as there were some differences, not many but enough...

Sorry that you had to start from scratch again, I didn't know of so many differences. Do send them after completion to Nigel, I am sure he will publish them on the same site as the mines.

I really appreciate if you correct also possible errors. Whereas I am more or less confident that the definitions for the right hand sounds and the drums are correct, I don't know whether all the controllers, RPN + NRPN stuff is bug-free. Despite that I sent the files to many people in 2003, nobody ever sent me a feedback, or did not test that part. In the meantime I do not have installed Sonar anymore, so I cannot continue to update them. Also I concentrated on the SD1 4.0c definitions for Cubase SX 3.

BTW: Don't waste your time with Cakewalk. I sent the files, when they were actual to CW. After 5 inquiries somebody wrote ...Great...Thank you... but they never published them.

Brgds
Hansruedi

#32077 - 01/30/06 09:52 AM Re: update for available Cakewalk def file
midimast Offline

Loc: Rhodes Greece
the same happened with me ..
I made some new versions of the Ins files
depend the idea of the files from Hansruedi Huber . since 40b version announced
I have full Livedrums support from every midi chanel
ALL the note names from ALL the drum sets of SD1 and note by note NRPN for the drums
but the files has not accepted from the administrator
So if somebody is interesting just mail me

[This message has been edited by midimast (edited 01-30-2006).]

#32078 - 01/30/06 10:28 AM Re: update for available Cakewalk def file
manic2257 Offline

hi hans, there were not a lot of differences, but for some reason ketron changed some of the names and in a slightly different order to the SD, it was no big thing to redo as there are only 3 banks in the midjay and just 2 drums..what is interesting is that the drums 2 cannot be sent to the Midjay on channel 10, they work on every other channel (although you do need to change the other channel to a drum channel not a Normal(voice) channel)...i am still awaiting some tech advice re the "Special" 64 Presets, which are tweaked voices, as i believe there may be a misprint in the tech tables....i will update the file if these become available...btw hans i offered to onforward your ins file to another SZ member who has a SD, i hope this is okay?
cheers
dennis

#32079 - 01/30/06 04:31 PM Re: update for available Cakewalk def file
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Guys,
if someone could send me the files for both cakewalk & cubase for an sd1 I would really appreciate it. ( I have sd1+ vers 4b)

As I mentioned , I don't have cakewalk, but the ini file for cakewalk works with my OMB & Busker software.
I do have an early version of cubase 3.7 ?? which I haven't used for years.
Hopefully the file may work for it also.

thanks guys
my email is sjking@bigpond.net.au

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#32080 - 01/31/06 03:14 AM Re: update for available Cakewalk def file
hrh999 Offline

Loc: 8302 Kloten, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally posted by manic2257:
[B]...btw hans i offered to onforward your ins file to another SZ member who has a SD, i hope this is okay?.../B]

Of course you can forward them Dennis, I am happy if somebody still can make use ot them :-)

BTW, I am wondering whether ever you get an answer to the 64 presets. I never got an answer to e-mails containing technical questions.

Hansruedi

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online