SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#320295 - 03/27/11 11:17 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: leeboy]
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Lee,
You are right about Tyros4. And I think you will eventually get one for yourself sooner or later. I used to play a Korg arranger, Pa-800, but when I laid my hands on Tyros3, at that time, I knew it, I would be better off with it. I'm not saying Korg Arranger is bad, but for the genre of music I enjoy, Tyros4 is a treat. You should try. I just saw one on e-bay for under US$3,300.00 with SPEAKERS AND STAND INCLUDED. Not bad. Anyway, thanks for everything. Telmo.

#320361 - 03/28/11 09:10 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Another outstanding production, T.

I'm curious, but do you perform this in public, and what kind of functions and venues do you play where this would be heard? You ought to come and tour the US, some time. I would come, for sure!

BTW, if you are looking for any more inspiration, have you listened to any of Isao Tomita's synth renditions of classical music? His versions of Debussy and Holst's music are inspiring. That portamento'd sort of female voice sound in this one reminded me of some of his music. Maybe you'd like to take a crack at some of that on the T4?

#320432 - 03/29/11 05:47 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Diki]
Telmo Offline

Hi DIKI, first of all, thank you very much for the kind words. Such praise coming from a musician like yourself is indeed valued highly. I do play at Christian church on Sundays congregations. Other than that, I'm just a hobbist. Play for my enjoyment and fun. I do not live on music. If I did, I wouldn't survive. You see, the world out there enjoys commercial music. The music I play it ain't that. You mentioned Isao Tomita's versions of Debussy and Holst's. If I'm not mistaken, I remember about a year ago when I had Tyros3 I played something similar. I intend to make a better version on future. If you are interested to take a look:

#320434 - 03/29/11 06:12 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Telmo,

It just keeps getting better.

Remember I asked first for any John Williams movie theme song, including Star Wars. Donny already had his dedication...

Just kidding, it dosen't matter, just keep making your songs your way for whoever at any tempo.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#320436 - 03/29/11 07:19 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Telmo,

I have to agree with my old friend Larry from the frozen wilds of Lehigh Valley, PA. "Keep playing your songs your way for whoever at any tempo." They incredible!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#320456 - 03/29/11 11:58 AM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Telmo]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Cool version, T. Very different to Tomita, but valid all by itself. Personally, I think you undervalue yourself. Yes, the large majority of the musical gigging world is looking for commercialization, but there is still the 'concert' world. I think some of the same venues that book classical and light classical music would be interested in you if you put a whole program together of stuff like you have been playing us.

No, it's probably not going to be a full-time thing, but it might be a very nice occasional. Don't sell yourself short...

BTW, anybody else a big Tomita fan?

#320462 - 03/29/11 02:37 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: Diki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Telmo ... just got to listen now ... BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO ...
clap clap clap

... and people would and SHOULD come and pay to hear you play ...

#320476 - 03/29/11 05:17 PM Re: “Music of the Night”-ALW- on Tyros4 – to Lee S [Re: lahawk]
Telmo Offline

LARRY, Thanks for the kind words. I just took notes of your suggestion about John Williams themes. Fantastic, "jurassik Park" is one of my favorites Soundtrack by him. I put it on my wish list for future performances.
GARY, thanks once again for your kind words and compliments. I feel honoured by your kind comments.
DIKI, thanks for all the kind words and encouragement.
TONY, thank you very much for the compliments.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online