SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#320362 - 03/28/11 09:10 AM Videos of Hammer Playing Live in the UK
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
A few of you have asked me about my trips to England to visit the YPKO group. My wife and I try to go twice a year and attend the meetings. It is a gathering of Yamaha keyboard owners, some of which have been playing Yamaha keyboards for decades, and the gathering has multiple purposes. First, it is an exchange of ideas and music, second, it is a meeting of old friends who share a common bond - music. Nearly all of the members are retired and many of them own either a Tyros 3 or a Tyros 4. This time we had 7 keyboards there plus a really neat twin setup which I am playing on one of the videos.

During the day we gather together and try out the various keyboards there and listen to others explain how they are using
their keyboards, how they create the styles they use, EQ information - just about everything. In the evening some of the group performs. The entertainment includes playing, joke telling, and just about everything else you can think of.

Some of the players are true home hobby players and others are
gigging professionals like AstralPlane, a duo from Germany with multiple albums out. The very neat thing about the entire group is every level of ability is appreciated, praised, and given the respect it deserves.

I have posted two videos of only myself playing at the meetings. One video is from our 2009 visit and the other video is from this years visit.

Here is the link to the videos.
http://www.4shared.com/dir/-oWWaMoF/SynthZone.html

Hammer

#320370 - 03/28/11 10:08 AM Re: Videos of Hammer Playing Live in the UK [Re: hammer]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
sounds like a fantastic time. I wish we had something like that in the US!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#320371 - 03/28/11 10:14 AM Re: Videos of Hammer Playing Live in the UK [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Fun fun fun. Very nce Hammer WTG!

#320373 - 03/28/11 10:17 AM Re: Videos of Hammer Playing Live in the UK [Re: hammer]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Nice playing, Hammer!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#320374 - 03/28/11 10:32 AM Re: Videos of Hammer Playing Live in the UK [Re: montunoman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: montunoman
sounds like a fantastic time. I wish we had something like that in the US!

We've had several, but attendance is so-so.
DonM

#320440 - 03/29/11 08:05 AM Re: Videos of Hammer Playing Live in the UK [Re: DonM]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Yes, those who did not attend Don's Jams missed a good time too. I've been to all three and have always had a good time. When we going to do it again?

Hammer

#320448 - 03/29/11 10:42 AM Re: Videos of Hammer Playing Live in the UK [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Yes, those who did not attend Don's Jams missed a good time too. I've been to all three and have always had a good time. When we going to do it again?

Hammer

+1

#320472 - 03/29/11 03:55 PM Re: Videos of Hammer Playing Live in the UK [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've only been to one Shreveport Jam, visited the folks in Shreveport, south Florida, Florida Panhandle, Mississippi, Texas, North abd South Carolina, Virginia, New Jersey and Philly on a few occasions and had a ball. Lately, the forums have been somewhat depressing, but I still check them regularly to see what's transpiring in the world of arranger keyboards and sailing. And, yes, I still learn a lot from everyone here and on other forums.

It sure has been a wonderful ride,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online