SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#320263 - 03/27/11 01:35 AM Re: Why did Panasonic pull out of Keyboards and Organs [Re: lahawk]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
With all the styles that are available for the KN7000 why would anyone want any more. They more than match up to anything that Yamaha has even now. I know which I prefer,having had both,plus other manufactures as well. Thats the KN7000.

Peter B

#320264 - 03/27/11 02:12 AM Re: Why did Panasonic pull out of Keyboards and Organs [Re: Tony Deaf]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Song specific Peter...is one reason...

#320271 - 03/27/11 04:03 AM Re: Why did Panasonic pull out of Keyboards and Organs [Re: RMepstead]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Originally Posted By: RMepstead

Make your own Rog smile It's not that difficult but it does take time and effort! The editing facilities on the KN7000 are superb to this end - on the Tyros? It's a nightmare - been there - tried it - no way!

#320289 - 03/27/11 10:25 AM Re: Why did Panasonic pull out of Keyboards and Organs [Re: Bill Norrie]
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England

Originally Posted By: Bill Norrie
Originally Posted By: RMepstead

Make your own Rog smile It's not that difficult but it does take time and effort! The editing facilities on the KN7000 are superb to this end - on the Tyros? It's a nightmare - been there - tried it - no way!

I have continually campaigned for people to make their own 'Song Specific' Styles - As Bill suggests above, there is a great sense of achievement, when everything coming out of the speakers has been made by you, let alone the fact that a song specific style is not a repetitious boring 'one size fits all' style.

A very high proportion of the keyboard 'internals', are dedicated to making styles and manipulating music on the keyboard. What a shame that so many people never venture inside these parts of their keyboard. This is why (believe it or not!) they are called 'Arranger Keyboards'.

I could (and did) do this on Yamaha machines, and it encourages me, when Bill says above it is much easier on Technics, as that is what I am currently working on, having only had the 7000 a month or so.

An easy way to start, I found in the past, was to select a song to record, or add to your gigging repetoire was to find a good midi file of it on the net, and then remove the lead, change tempo, voices, add and delete parts, change key, etc to provide a complete backing to suit my taste and style. Having mastered this, a move to creating styles is only a little further along the learning curve.

Dare I ask? .......Bill - is there any chance that you could do a 'Tutorial' on Style Making on Technics Machines, in an easily understood format on your 'Best on the Net' Pages? (Flattery gets me everywhere!).

I am sure that if such an item existed, many more members would have a shot at it. I have found over the years, most players think it is a 'black art', and just too difficult for most people to do.

Because of Copyright restrictions, I can't ask Bill to post a song he recently did - of a song that I introduced him to. I would love people to hear the original. and then what Bill recorded of it by working from 'scratch' in his 7000. I say it would have to be heard with the original recording, as it is not known in this Country !! The results would surely fire up many people to try and master Multitrack, sequencing, major file changes, style making, and all those features in our boards that few use !!

I have heard many reasons (excuses!), off players as to why they don't want to, or can't learn about their machines capabilities, rarely from anyone who says they will try and can do some study to achieve these skills.

Kind regards,

John

#320296 - 03/27/11 11:21 AM Re: Why did Panasonic pull out of Keyboards and Organs [Re: Tony Deaf]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Larry,

I think we had crossed lines, because I was thinking that you can play the styles from the earlier models, but it never occurred to me you were talking about actually using - say a KN5000 to play the styles from the KN7000 because of course, the OS will have changed so even if it were possible, it wouldn't sound the same because it would be picking up the KN5 on-board styles which as you say, would sometimes produce some 'weird' sounds to say the least.

This is what I meant when I said I was under the impression you could play the T3 on the T4. If the T4 on-board styles match those of the T3, then of course the only difference will be the actual 'sound' which is slightly better than the T3's.

However, if the T4 cannot match the style, it'll find the nearest on- board one and then, what you hear isn't always what you're expecting. In fact, in some cases they are more than 'weird' which means you're once again back to all the button pushing in order to get a decent set.
It's all the button pushing I hate, it is so time consuming. This is an area that Yamaha should take a long hard look at, I think.

Audrey

#320299 - 03/27/11 11:59 AM Re: Why did Panasonic pull out of Keyboards and Organs [Re: lahawk]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I think, in essence, that the Kn7000 is backward compatable. The older ones are not forward compatable.

#320314 - 03/27/11 04:31 PM Re: Why did Panasonic pull out of Keyboards and Organs [Re: Tony Deaf]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
John, You said " Dare I ask? .......Bill - is there any chance that you could do a 'Tutorial' on Style Making on Technics Machines, in an easily understood format "

You'll find a simple Basic Tutorial on my Tech Tips page, which I created for the Cambridge meeting in 2007. You'll find the text document here : http://www.willumspages.co.uk/page10.html Tip Number 21, and there is also an Audio file of the text in Tip Number 24.

As stated, this is just a very basic demonstration to enable a user to get some experience of the 'mysteries' of the KN7000 Composer editing suite, and build some confidence in using this great facility, which Technics provided for us. The rest is up to your imagination...........

Another document shows how to edit an existing KN style and it also has an accompanying Audio file - Tips 20 and 23 respectively. Again, just the basic procedures - but should give the user sufficient information and confidence to 'do your own thing' !

The thing to remember is that you cannot do any damage to the KN7000's original styles, by any editing in the Composer.

#320329 - 03/28/11 12:54 AM Re: Why did Panasonic pull out of Keyboards and Organs [Re: Tony Deaf]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Bernie - is that an American correcting the english language...tch tch...you're right though...chuckle.

#320332 - 03/28/11 02:55 AM Re: Why did Panasonic pull out of Keyboards and Organs [Re: RMepstead]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Rog
Perish the thought, just the USE of it.
Bernie

#320381 - 03/28/11 11:42 AM Re: Why did Panasonic pull out of Keyboards and Organs [Re: Tony Deaf]
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England

Bill, I really must start studying those pages on you site!! At present we have the 3 Tutorial DVDs, the 'Get the Most out of Your KN700' Book, and the Manual to try and adsorb, so heck!, what is a mere 20 or 30 pages extra to study on your site? Hee Hee (or LOL).

I am glad that my question brought the response, it did - and maybe one or two members will now read your tutorial and have a try.

Someone (was it Rog?) back in the thread mentioned Styleworks - I have the XT Styleworks program, set at KN5000 which is one of many reasons why I took Vista out of my 'puter and went back to XP Pro. To be honest, I have not got round to using the program, but I am sure I will one day soon - so few hours in the day and so many things on my 'To do' list !! I can't believe now that when I retired at 70, (five years ago), I was working a 12 hour day, six days a week, doing gigs 2 or 3 nights a week, and still had time for my many hobbies !!

By the way - in the compatibility posts, we have been trying files back and forth between the KN2600 and the KN7000.
You are all so right - you can play almost anything out of the 7000 in the 2600, but not the other way round, we have tried styles, instant records and also some commercial disks, so really - if my wife (Sunny) and I wish to exchange work on our machines, the only way would be to have two 7000's - I can't afford another one for a year or so - so guess that a one-way exchange will have to do for a while!

Regards to all,

John

Edited by Tony Deaf (03/28/11 11:58 AM)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online