SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#320297 - 03/27/11 11:29 AM SD Accessory
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
We had a 'session' at my home last Wednesday and one of the chaps brought in a small 'gadget' that had a USB connection one end and an SD Card connection at the other.

When it was his turn to play the Tyros 4, he put in an SD Card with Technics data on it, connected it to the USB port on the T4 and to my surprise, it played....?

Needless to say all of us 'Techies' were very interested in this and asked where he bought it from - you'll never guess?
It was a £pound shop. Unfortunately, our local shop have sold out.

Does anyone know where else we can get these please?

Audrey

#320298 - 03/27/11 11:48 AM Re: SD Accessory [Re: Audrey Turner]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
It may have been Midi data, as that is what Yamaha styles are, but the Tyros cannot play Technics format data.
Bernie

#320309 - 03/27/11 03:52 PM Re: SD Accessory [Re: Audrey Turner]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Audrey - No secret smile there are dozens of devices which accept SD Cards at one end and have a USB connector at the other end. They are called 'USB SD Card Reader/Writers' and you probably have at least one !!

As Bernie has already said, the files would have been MIDI format - certainly NOT Technics format.....

#320403 - 03/28/11 04:01 PM Re: SD Accessory [Re: Audrey Turner]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thanks Bernie and Bill.

Yes you're quite right Bill, I do have a rather 'posh' Hiyatek Multicard reader/writer and hadn't thought about trying that. The card reader I was referring to is a tiny thing shaped a bit like a tree, wide at the SD End and narrow at the USB end. It is so small you can get it in your purse - that's why I was interested.

Bernie, your comment on the files being midi format makes sense because I know the member who used it got it from his friend who is a 'singer' using mainly 'backing tracks' on his Tyros 3.

Changing the subject Bernie, I see you have the Audya - what do you think of it? I'd be very interested to know as I heard it played by a young lady at a holiday camp and was impressed. She usually plays the KN7 so I was surprised at the change. However 4 months later, she was back with the KN7 and when I asked her about it she told me, the Audya was "too complicated" ?

Audrey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online