SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#320395 - 03/28/11 02:25 PM Re: So where does everyone practice? [Re: Bill Lewis]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis

What's the least amount of "stuff" you could live with if you had to get rid of a lot? Lets say you had to move to a small apartment.

If you're talking purely musical resources, Bill, right now, it would be the Tyros4, my two Yamaha MS-60S powered monitors, a lightweight 88 note weighted hammer piano (presently a Yamaha P-95) and my computer.

That would be the basics, and it's pretty well all I have now anyway...my Jupiter 8 is in a friend's studio.

I would really regret having to move to a small apartment...I love having my own home/house...I can play (and often do) at all hours and never worry about volume and neighbors.

Ian

#320396 - 03/28/11 02:26 PM Re: So where does everyone practice? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think my G70 and my K2500 are the only things I couldn't part with. Oh, and my Mackie HR824's to listen to them on!

#320398 - 03/28/11 02:35 PM Re: So where does everyone practice? [Re: Bill Lewis]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
The absolute least amount of 'stuff' I could live with would be my Nord C1 and something to play it thorough (probably the Traynor K4). Since I have a BK7m module coming, I'd throw that into the mix so as to have some ez drums and extra voices. Next on the list would definitely be my VP-770. In addition to being THE premier vocal processor, it actually has some decent voices, including SuperNatural Brass, very good strings, and decent acoustic and electric pianos. It will also handle song lists and play MP3's and Wav's with part markers. Then I would add.........oh, wait smile .

As for the room, the previous owner built it as a media room, so it is heated and cooled with it's own system, is completely soundproof, and has it's own full bath. A perfect small home studio and practice space.

Stuff I should get rid of because of non-usage: SonicCell, Tyros 2, Motif ES, Roland Fantom G7, TC Helicon ??, and a storeroom (adjoining the studio) full of 'retired' gear ie. JV80, A33, VP-550 (replaced by VP-770), ect., ect., plus tons of PA and effects gear. If anyone is interested in any of this stuff, let me know. Maybe I can make enough to get Bill's 'cherry' B3 smile .

chas

#320404 - 03/28/11 05:00 PM Re: So where does everyone practice? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Fran I've been after you for awhile to get together. You name it and I'm there. I'll run down to the Cape or whatever. Love to get a lesson from you on some Roland "Stuff"

Chas C'mon count the pennies and make me a real offer. Its got to go to a good home and be shown off and appreciated. Its one like you've never seen or played. You NEED this!!!!

You guys adding to your must have lists have me thinking of another great "Bit" Steve Martin in "The Jerk". Levaing home he says something like "I don't need any of you or any of this stuff===except this ashtry, and this chair,, and on and on..

Bill in NJ

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online