Based on your responses to the little guitar piece I had Don post, when a long-time international manufacturing client asked for a concept for a trade show for introducing a new "green" vehicle in Europe; then in the US, I directed the VP of Marketing to the YouTube video.

Tomorrow, I'm going to send a sample piece of original music done on acoustic guitar into a microphone...not multiple tracks...no effects...no pick-ups...nothing. The project will involve the production of 40 minutes of "George Winston on acid" (LOL) sort of Wyndom Hill type new age jazz. I'll do it both on a 1930's era Selmer McAfee (steel string) and a 1961 Brazilian Giannini Craviola (nylon string (think Jose Feleciano).

The client will choose the instrumentation. I'll produce the music, which will be used for internal company films, as background for trade show where the new vehicle is introduced and, maybe for other things, including world-wide commercials; even a hard-copy in each vehicle delivered.

This will be the first major project I have attempted on guitar in several years. This is on top of a film score I'm going to do with Rory when all of the politics are concluded.

I get to do a "turnkey" film for the Rory project. Right now, the "green initiative" is music only, and that's rare for me.

The go-ahead has been given for initial audio treatments at a fee which is several times the sum of my net playing income for last year.

I wouldn't have been brave enough to propose this approach without the OVERLY KIND comments some of you made on the post. So, your commission check will be in the mail soon!

NOT!

Russ