SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#311702 - 01/10/11 05:15 AM AJs UPGRADES
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
[b]At last we now have some clue about what to expect from the AJAMSONIC upgrade soon to be available for Audya 4/5
[/b]

SOFTWARE:-

* New SOUNDS (Playable and used in new styles) !
> Modern/Synth sounds
> Live Audio HUMAN voices (you will think you heard a choir this time!)
> Live Audio VCE (Voice Character Emulation) - sax/accordion valves open/close, horn player breaths inbetween long notes ...etc
> Live Audio Guitar samples you can play
> Live Audio Sax and Horn samples you can play
> Live Audio Strings samples you can play
> Live Audio Organ samples/FM synthesis you can play - sound/clicks created depending on velociy (like real organ)

* New STYLES (which incoorporte new AUDIO DRUMS) !
> New AUDIO DRUMS (complex with AI)
> New Dance, Caribbean, Modern, Country & African styles
> Remixed styles using the new voices and revoiced Presets/Programs
> Over 500 styles have now been properly balanced
> AUTO VOICING ON STYLES (styles are now matched with voices as you switch from Arranger A-D).
> AUTO VOICE FILLER ON STYLES (styles that sound 'empty' now have auto strings/pad to 'hold bottom').

* New / Fixed FEATURES!
> Live Guitar strum (when chord is played hard, audio guitar phrase is replaced by live down-strum) ~ properly balanced
> AUTOMATED ARRANGER (After you play for a while, Arranger appears to 'add' parts to style - less redundancy!
> AUTO CHORD SKIP (Arranger LEFT voice can change chords while Arranger 'holds' previous chord just played).
> Perfect Midi sync when synchronizing Audio Drums to Midifiles
> Perfect Midi sync when synchronizing Audio Guitars to Midifiles
> Lead Voice MUTE on MP3 and Wave perfected
> VOICETRON VOCALIZER - better Eq for a broader range of voices. Great presets. (Better with Hardware modification below)
> New REGISTRATIONS / SONG LIST: Registration Presets now 'tuned' for songs. This list will be increased with time (free to
those who purchased this package) ...e.g Registration "New York" - when selected automatically sets AUDYA up with
appropriate style, tempo, voices (and user voices) ... etc for the song - New York, New york!
> Voice Lists to style - First page of styles in every group now have Favorit voices - accessible by pressing VOICE LIST + EFFECTS buttons to turn both on.

HARDWARE (IF INSTALLED):-
* No more AUDIO DRUM Glitch (timming as you switch between Arrangers or styles perfected so you don't here 'space'/glitch
* New Harmonizer feature (Voice HOLD). Holds a note(s) as you sing over (e.g sing "...Sohhh..." and press pedal to hold Ohh -as you sing over that - vocalier changes the "ohhh" as you change chords or keeps it at note song)
* More memory.
* More Live Audio Guitar chord recognition.
* More Live Guitar parts.
* More MSP and now arranged 'Alphabetically'
***PS:- I am still 'toying' with idea of ncreasing HD from 80GB to 160GB and RPM from 5400 to 7200!!

Price is still to be determined but packages will be sold as such:-

While I applaud AJ for taking the time to put this together and I'm sure no can imagine the amount of time involved, I still feel that Ketron should be made accountable for launching a product that was not fully functioning properly and had several flaws.
What you see above in AJS upgrade is what we were promised when we bought the product--but this was not the case and indeed most of what they advertised and promised was NOT included in the Audya. FALSE ADVERTISING ---surely ?????

Let me know your thoughts on this

RUSTY

#311704 - 01/10/11 05:45 AM Re: AJs UPGRADES [Re: Rusty 999]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I think it is a mixed bag in that AJ's package includes fixes that should be up to Ketron to fix, although we have to assume they too are working on them.

In addition to fixes are new features and styles that Ketron never promised and I think that if we want them, AJ's package is the way to go.

A question would be what fixes do Ketron have in the hopper and what effect would they have on AJ's package in the way of duplication and compatibility.
Bernie

#311722 - 01/10/11 08:30 AM Re: AJs UPGRADES [Re: Rusty 999]
leezone Offline

Rusty,
have you tried this update? your thoughts?

Bernie,
i too am wondering how the Ketron updates 4.1C or 5.0
will install on top of AJ's, as i assume both will have timing fixes to audio, balancing of styles, etc...

almost seems like Ketron should pay AJ lots $$$ for his update, and then combine with theirs to release 1 update...

just my $0.02

#311728 - 01/10/11 09:55 AM Re: AJs UPGRADES [Re: Rusty 999]
sas123 Offline

what about eq for right sound?
and event edit in style edit (change note with program in edit style)

Edited by sas123 (01/10/11 10:19 AM)

#311733 - 01/10/11 10:41 AM Re: AJs UPGRADES [Re: leezone]
Rusty 999 Offline

No Leezone, its not available until Feb
I totally agree that ketron should integrate it into an update and pay for it and we should be demanding that. Think of what we were charged for an incomplete product and not only that but we were the TEST Pilots for this very expensive piece of kit as well

I think all would be forgiven even now with ketron , if they step up to the plate and do what they should have done in the first place

#311736 - 01/10/11 10:57 AM Re: AJs UPGRADES [Re: Rusty 999]
leezone Offline

of course AJ should make his money

but i want 1 update , so combining the 2 (AJ's and Ketron's )
should be the way to go !!!

#311747 - 01/10/11 12:55 PM Re: AJs UPGRADES [Re: Rusty 999]
leezone Offline

AJ,

how about some Demos smile

#311749 - 01/10/11 01:16 PM Re: AJs UPGRADES [Re: Rusty 999]
abc_doremi Offline

yes, demos please!

#311760 - 01/10/11 05:20 PM Re: AJs UPGRADES [Re: Rusty 999]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
I agree that Ketron should step up here, AJ has obviously done a lot of work making the board the way it should have been in the beginning or at least with the last major upgrade. So Ketron pays AJ, and releases the upgrade as a combined, and has a nominal charge for those who do not have the usb from the last upgrade.

And yes please AJ some demos

Thanks
just my $0.03 worth

#312742 - 01/16/11 06:15 PM Re: AJs UPGRADES [Re: Robbo]
Rusty 999 Offline

I think this is going to put the cat among the pigeons

The Roland BK-7M is being released soon

At about a third of the cost of an audya or did I get that wrong??

let me know if I did
Rusty

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online