SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#31941 - 08/07/05 10:47 PM Which Ketron styles will work on the Midjay?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Curious, as I've just bought one. I like the idea of the size and weight. It will be interetsting to test it out.

Best
Scott Langholff http://www.ScottLMusic.com

#31942 - 08/07/05 10:53 PM Re: Which Ketron styles will work on the Midjay?
Scott Langholff Offline

Also wondering how the latest converted styles sound these days.

I know they have improved dramatically for the Yamaha Tyros. A good majority of Technics, Korg and Roland styles sound as good as the onboard styles. A BIG improvement over what I heard just a few years ago, about 2002. Most converted styles then where bad. All kinds of clashing chords etc.

Best
Scott

#31943 - 08/09/05 10:12 PM Re: Which Ketron styles will work on the Midjay?
Scott Langholff Offline

Certainly is a fast paced forum hey?

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 08-09-2005).]

#31944 - 08/10/05 02:20 PM Re: Which Ketron styles will work on the Midjay?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Scott,
all the SD1, XD9 and X1 styles work well on the midijay; the only styles that don't work are those from the MS series. The SD1 has an utility to convert them, but -as a former SD1 user- I have to say that those styles are nothing to write home about, and in any case the styles programmed specifically for the SD1 are much better.
Since you now have a midjay, could you tell me if the wav. files work in sync just with the midifiles or can they be used with the styles as well?
Thanks.
A.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 08-10-2005).]

#31945 - 08/10/05 06:57 PM Re: Which Ketron styles will work on the Midjay?
Scott Langholff Offline

Hi

I won't have it until tomorrow probably but it might take a bit before I delve into that. Here are some links that I will be checking into. Maybe you'll find your answer there from someone that knows the unit better.
http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/KetronSoltonWorld/?yguid=111484237
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/ketronmidjay/
http://www.ketronfanclub.com/

Let me know if you find any other good sites.

Also, I enjoyed the demos on your web site. What instrument did you use for that?

Best
Scott

#31946 - 08/11/05 01:51 AM Re: Which Ketron styles will work on the Midjay?
Dreamer Offline

Scott,
thank you for the links: I will check them for sure.
Re. the songs on my website, "Hold on I'm coming" and "I left my heart in San Francisco" were done with the Ketron SD1 (they are both a multi track effort). All the other songs were done with the Tyros, live, i.e. without any overdubbings or post-editing (you can hear a few dirty notes here and there... )

#31947 - 08/11/05 10:31 AM Re: Which Ketron styles will work on the Midjay?
Scott Langholff Offline

Hi Dreamer

You've got some nice sounds on your demos. I was looking for "San Francisco" but didn't see it. Where could I find that?

Best
Scott

#31948 - 08/11/05 11:52 PM Re: Which Ketron styles will work on the Midjay?
Dreamer Offline

Scott,
sorry: I will upload San Francisco as soon as I get home, today in the evening.

#31949 - 08/11/05 11:53 PM Re: Which Ketron styles will work on the Midjay?
Dreamer Offline

P.S.: I am anxiously waiting for your comments on your new Midjay...

#31950 - 08/13/05 03:54 PM Re: Which Ketron styles will work on the Midjay?
Scott Langholff Offline

Hello

I've had a little time to try the Midjay. It's an interesting little box. I think some of the sounds are as good or better than the Tyros or anything else I've heard. (I've not heard the PA1X or the G70}. Some of the styles are quite good and seem a bit closer to playing in a live band. Like all arranger keyboards there are always things you prefer over others and this is no exception.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I'm just going to keep testing the Midjay and the PSR3000 to see if either one of them makes sense for me to keep. If not I'll just sell them. I'll probably know quite soon.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 08-13-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online