Big problem.
I cannot access my MidJay HD on the desktop of my Mac G4. “USB connected” appears on the MidJay display. The MJ-HD appears only in the listing of the HDs attached to my Mac computer. But the appropriated folder doesn't appear on the screen of my Apple computer.
Why not? An ordinary USP-Pen (initialised for PC) is recognized and displayed on all Apple- computers. The expensive MIDJAY -HD isn't accessable in no way on the Mac.
The folder with other HD of other instruments like Fantom Xa appears on the Mac-screen automatically. I use Mac OS 10.2 (Panther), and the same problem stay, starting Mac OS 10.3 (Jaguar) from an other partition: there is no folder with the MIDJAY-files to see.
The reason seems to be: the formatting / initialisation of the HD of the Midjay is a little different (PC formatted) from the Mac OS formatted HD ????
However, the MidJAY manual confirms clearly that MacOS X is supported!!!
On this base I didn't know, that the reality is not so. Musically, a big problem for me.
Exchanging files between my Mac and Midjay is for me extremely important.

What I have to do? Can be Virtual PC a solution? My opinion: I don't think so.
Or do I have to buy a Windows PC (desktop or notebook?)? In this case: I like only to transfer waves and Midifiles via USB, and I like to use Internet to download music files and firmware updates. NO VIDEO-editing.
Which minimal configuration of PC works fine? (+ price ?) Midjay demands OS XP installation on PC.