SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#319126 - 03/12/11 07:54 PM I was so distracted today .....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
.... I had a rare occasion to meet up with a friend that I do not see that often at my job tonight, so we made plans to meet up early and grab some dinner before I had to work. Well, my days are fairly predictable lately, so this was a change of pace, and it kind of threw me off schedule a bit. I showered early, dressed early, and packed up my PA800 to bring to the restaurant to sit atop the Yamaha digital grand that is in the house. I set it behind the car and went back into the house to lock up ... then I left for the shore. I drove almost 90 miles before it hit me in the gut that I had left the keyboard sitting IN THE DRIVEWAY ... ooops. never did THAT before. Maybe there was a subliminal knowledge that the other piano was there, but man - it was frightening. I called the only neighbor who's number I have and it was disconnected! Yikes! Lucky that my daughter was close by and she ran over to the house and (whew) it was still there in the driveway when she got there. It had sat out for almost 2 hours unattended.

So, with all the horror in the world, and all the mistrust and greed around us ... my Baby Blue was safe and untouched.

Sometimes the universe treats you right!

#319128 - 03/12/11 09:36 PM Re: I was so distracted today ..... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Sooo you played the gig on the Yamaha Piano?

#319130 - 03/12/11 10:57 PM Re: I was so distracted today ..... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
when i play gigs at coffeehouse i don't even leave my yamaha mm6 in the hall with guests even when i take 20 minutes break.

#319158 - 03/13/11 11:02 AM Re: I was so distracted today ..... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yup, I pounded on the (ugh) weighted, 88 keys all night. My LH pinky is exhausted from all the octaves I was playing to fatten up the sound. I walked a lot of bass too, and that never felt right on weighted keys.
All in all, it was a successful night - had a nice dinner, make some tops, got a nice salary, and best of all .. NO tear down at the end of the night.
I finished playing at 8:30 and was driving home before 8:35!
smile

#319165 - 03/13/11 12:08 PM Re: I was so distracted today ..... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Yup, I pounded on the (ugh) weighted, 88 keys all night. My LH pinky is exhausted from all the octaves I was playing to fatten up the sound. I walked a lot of bass too, and that never felt right on weighted keys.
All in all, it was a successful night - had a nice dinner, make some tops, got a nice salary, and best of all .. NO tear down at the end of the night.
I finished playing at 8:30 and was driving home before 8:35!
smile

A true professional in every sense of the worde Bravo!!

#319219 - 03/14/11 08:04 AM Re: I was so distracted today ..... [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I rushed from a patio job to a job across town on house piano. When the 2nd one was over, I noticed my MS-60 wasn't in the back seat. At first, I thought it was stolen, but realized I MIGHT have left it at the first job. I got back to the first patio job location, and there it was...been laying in the grass in it's black case from 8:00 PM to 2:30 AM. 600 people had walked by it, and the place had been closed for 3 hours or so.

What luck!

R.

#319231 - 03/14/11 09:32 AM Re: I was so distracted today ..... [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yeah you wouldn't wanta lose that MS-60. Then you would be forced to use something 20 years newer, like Midjay or SD5!
smile
DonM

#319233 - 03/14/11 09:57 AM Re: I was so distracted today ..... [Re: captain Russ]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Luck had nothing to do with it....they knew what was in that black case..... smile

#319255 - 03/14/11 03:56 PM Re: I was so distracted today ..... [Re: Fran Carango]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
OUCH!

I'm waiting until the SD-5 is an antique. You KNOW I like "axes" with a little seasoning (LOL).

Actually, the way things are going now, I don't plan to play arrangers out anymore. I'll use them for sound score roughs, but that's about it.

More challenging to do singles without any automation, but certainly doable.

Russ

#319288 - 03/14/11 09:23 PM Re: I was so distracted today ..... [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Sure you can do singles without automation but that takes more talent than some of us have! You play better with a butchered hand than most guitar players with two good hands ever dream about. I need HELP when I play!
smile
DonM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online