SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#319055 - 03/11/11 11:50 PM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
We have to remember, the SZ forum is more about the COMPARISON between arrangers, or a general discussion of them, than manufacturer specific information and involvement, As such, for starters, naturally you are going to get fairly partisan coverage from some, and even MORE partisan from others, and maybe a few that simply want to discuss the differences, but compared to a manufacturer or model specific forum, OF COURSE you are going to get more discord and less useful information.

But, if you have a strong enough stomach, and a sense of humor and tolerance, you can find out about MUCH that perhaps you wouldn't find out by sticking to the forums where ONLY people using the same gear as you go to.

Yes, we are a small community. And, if you come here expecting the same 'one mind, one will' cameradie that permeates the one design forums, you are going to get quite a shock. But SZ is an invaluable resource for those willing to look BEYOND what they have decided to purchase, and try to get a feel for how the entire industry is moving re. arrangers.

I go every day to Roland-arranger.com FIRST, and offer any help I can, and gather any new information I can, but then, I come here NEXT. You learn so little in a bubble.... It's worth the discord to find out what's NEW, what's NEXT, what's 'different'.

It's not for the faint of heart. But I wouldn't change a thing....

#319058 - 03/12/11 12:30 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Diki,

Well put, can I stay please please!

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#319062 - 03/12/11 02:21 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: miden]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: miden
Also those posts are over a very long period, five years nearly, so with only about 400 odd posts a year, it is not a lot, don't you agree wink

Ummm .... that's more than one per day for every single day of the year .... yep that is a lot lol don't you think? I don't post that much myself.

Originally Posted By: miden

I did not realise there was a statute of limitations on these. I will bear it in mind.

LMAO of course there isn't but it is always worth taking the date into account.

This forum is different from other forums because it isn't brand specific and people do compare brands ... and yes that can often be very "entertaining" ... or not. It is what it is. I do understand what you are saying though. And I really am glad you do have the forum on your favs bar. It is always good to read your posts. I have always said people should use ALL resources available to them. Synth Zone isn't just the forums ... the forums is simply just part of Synth Zone. The majority of traffic to Synth Zone doesn't even come to the forums, they are looking at the links pages which of course have links to other forums as well.

Most of the brand specific forums are unused now because all manufacturers do have their own forums now. But that is not how it was back in the 90s. The major manufacturers didn't provide much back then ( no forums, no manuals, no support software ) so Synth Zone filled the void. But I keep those forums because they do have a good history of postings from those years gone. And information is always useful no matter how old.

#319063 - 03/12/11 02:35 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Diki
It's not for the faint of heart. But I wouldn't change a thing....

You summed it up perfectly Diki. Thanks so much for that.

#319065 - 03/12/11 03:15 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Diki,

Tony

hmmmmm .... lemme think it over .... Oh OK ... sure thing Tony !!! We have a very ecelectic collection of personalities here but I think that is what makes it interesting. Plus many are either pros or experienced semi-pro so there is much to be learned.

#319074 - 03/12/11 06:29 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Diki,

Tony

hmmmmm .... lemme think it over .... Oh OK ... sure thing Tony !!! We have a very ecelectic collection of personalities here but I think that is what makes it interesting. Plus many are either pros or experienced semi-pro so there is much to be learned.

Nigel,

You are right I love a bit of fun and you certainly get here on SZ, and like you say a lot of experienced people for us all to learn from, the day you stop learning is the day you die, I still have a pulse just. I mean look at this chap Telmo on the T4, like Steve says he is in his way writing a book on T4 for us all to read, T4 is far from subdued has the thread questions.

Long live SZ Nigel.

Gasp, Gasp, Gasp ---------------------------------------------!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online