SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#319041 - 03/11/11 07:06 PM Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Lee S. suggested me once: "Would you be kind enough to do some Andrew LLoyde Webber, if you have some time?" Well Lee, like I said, from the list you sent me I chose 2 tunes. Here is the first one, "Wishing you were somehow here again" I just hope you like it. I'm studying the next one (Music of the night) and I intend to post it on a near future. Best regards. Telmo.

#319045 - 03/11/11 07:40 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Bravo !!

Damn , that was great !!!

Can`t wait for "Music of the Night" , U have talent , thanks for posting.

That was a very unique intro to the song , I liked it.

Later , smile

Gary

#319046 - 03/11/11 07:42 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
BTW___ , what are you using for speakers with your T-4 ?

#319047 - 03/11/11 08:21 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: jedi]
Dnj Offline

FANTASTIC THELMO!!! wow!!!!

#319053 - 03/11/11 10:35 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Why the hell should I give up my SZ, I would miss things like this 20 out of 10 Telmo. Telmo do Telstar by joe Meek please I will send you the dots if you want, you are the tops SZ Artist make no mistake. If Donny says your good it will do for me and thats a Bonus.

Keep up the good work, the video is brillant too, no one will ever better this Telmo. The T4 will take some beating now you make it sound brilliant.

Thanks
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#319054 - 03/11/11 10:45 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tony Hughes Offline

Telmo,

I didn't watch it all through before I just have "RIVETING"

An explanation Wholly absorbing or engrossing one's attention; fascinating.

Thanks your are prof.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#319057 - 03/12/11 12:10 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Outstanding...

Yes, a breakdown of how you brought each element in and out, whether you used factory Registrations, or custom ones, factory Multipads or custom ones etc., would help enormously in understanding how you pulled this off.

It reminds me a lot about how you can use the K2500's Performances to do quite elaborate things orchestrally with a combination of pedals, and switches in realtime. I'd VERY much like to understand how this was done...

#319059 - 03/12/11 12:32 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Keep up the good work Telmo....

#319064 - 03/12/11 03:06 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Telmo, you are re-writing the book on how to get the most out of a T4!

#319071 - 03/12/11 05:41 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Telmo - WOW! Mega Kudos for an outstanding performance! Super super video! Thanks! Very inspiring! ENCORE!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#319087 - 03/12/11 09:11 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Good performance..I did notice a video splice at 3.46 what happened there?

#319093 - 03/12/11 11:10 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Telmo, having attended Phantom of the Opera both on Broadway in NYC and here in San Francisco,
I think you've truly captured the essence and magic of Andrew Lloyd Weber's music, and
willing to bet Mr. Weber himself would be impressed and honored by your rendition as well. Bravo! clap

#319101 - 03/12/11 02:26 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
Telmo Offline

Hi, just wish to Thank for the kind comments and compliments.
Jedi(GARY), thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad you liked it. Now, you mentioned about speakers, I do have a pair of Peavey KB/A100, but the recording is done through the Tyros Audio-Recorder-Player, and then I export the audio to a usb-stick and transfer to my pc. Best wishes.
DNJ, thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your compliments.
TONY HUGHES, Thanks a lot for your double posting and for the high remarks about my performance. Your kind comments pay off my work in the end. Best regards. Telmo.
DIKI, thank you for your kind word. Now, as you can see, I rely a lot on Multipads, they enable me to create those backing melodies and specialFX. Of course, I pre-record them first and sync them with each registrations. Some voices are factory ones, while others are uvn samples from my collection. Best regards.
MIKEY, thank you for the kind word. May God bless you too.
STEPHENM, thanks for your kind words and compliments. All the best.
SAXXMAN(RANDY), I appreciate your kind comments and complients. Thanks a lot. Best wishes.
MIDEN, Thank you for your kind words. You are right. I was playing on Registration 4 and I should hit reg. 5, but, by mistake I hit reg. 3, then I hit quickly the correct reg.5. It happened a delay, and I had to cut the moment I hit reg. 3,otherwise it would look strange due to that mistake. That's why there is a video splice, I didn't want to redo all the music because of that little mistake of mine.Sorry about it. Best regards.
SCOTT, thank you so much for your compliment. I myself honoured by your very kind words. Best regards.
Telmo.

#319103 - 03/12/11 03:34 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
miden Offline

Thanks Telmo..It wasn't a major thing. The playing and setup of your T4 WAS a major thing...just superb!!

And you played it well too. I was more asking from an interest in the actual creation of the vid clip itself smile

The more I hear this Yamaha T4, I tell you, it IS getting very tempting....

Dennis

#319118 - 03/12/11 07:10 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Telmo
Hi, just wish to Thank for the kind comments and compliments.
Jedi(GARY), thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad you liked it. Now, you mentioned about speakers, I do have a pair of Peavey KB/A100, but the recording is done through the Tyros Audio-Recorder-Player, and then I export the audio to a usb-stick and transfer to my pc. Best wishes.
DNJ, thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your compliments.
TONY HUGHES, Thanks a lot for your double posting and for the high remarks about my performance. Your kind comments pay off my work in the end. Best regards. Telmo.
DIKI, thank you for your kind word. Now, as you can see, I rely a lot on Multipads, they enable me to create those backing melodies and specialFX. Of course, I pre-record them first and sync them with each registrations. Some voices are factory ones, while others are uvn samples from my collection. Best regards.
MIKEY, thank you for the kind word. May God bless you too.
STEPHENM, thanks for your kind words and compliments. All the best.
SAXXMAN(RANDY), I appreciate your kind comments and complients. Thanks a lot. Best wishes.
MIDEN, Thank you for your kind words. You are right. I was playing on Registration 4 and I should hit reg. 5, but, by mistake I hit reg. 3, then I hit quickly the correct reg.5. It happened a delay, and I had to cut the moment I hit reg. 3,otherwise it would look strange due to that mistake. That's why there is a video splice, I didn't want to redo all the music because of that little mistake of mine.Sorry about it. Best regards.
SCOTT, thank you so much for your compliment. I myself honoured by your very kind words. Best regards.
Telmo.

Telmo,

There are very few professionals in this World who are Gentlemen and unassuming, you are certainly one of them.

Tony

#319124 - 03/12/11 07:38 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Telmo,
Thanks so much for putting together the 'Wishing you were somehow here again' I had hoped you wouldn't forget my request.
It was Super! Certainly one of my favories of ALW.
I liked your rendition very much...and I have heard just about every one ever done.
I, Like Diki, would also like to know more details about the sounds, styles, performamce changes multi-pads etc. on how this is done on T4.

Also, seems like you memorized that piece pretty fast??

Great work!

#319141 - 03/13/11 04:24 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: leeboy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That is great Telmo. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I really enjoyed it and it shows the T4 to be a very capable instrument.

( By the way I fixed the link to the video in your post so it embedded correctly, the problem was just due to a space at the end of the link )

#319147 - 03/13/11 08:24 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
That is just incredible. Man, you got it going on! Beautiful!

#319150 - 03/13/11 09:00 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I'm Speechless...

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#319153 - 03/13/11 09:15 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: lahawk]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Telmo very good performance!! I'm glad to hear someone in South America is playing a Tyros 4. You may be one of the few owner (if any) on this side of the planet where it is extremely expensive smile

Keep the good work.

Victor

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#319157 - 03/13/11 10:57 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Absolutely phenomenal creation, Telmo. Your mastery of the Tyros4 is second to none and your playing skills combined with your incredible ability to smoothly select the various functions during the performance are beyond comprehension.

Bravo my friend,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (03/13/11 10:58 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#319159 - 03/13/11 11:10 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
leeboy Offline

Telmo...I just played it for my wife, she loves the ALW stuff too, like me.
She said it was very beautiful and she hopes I can play it, and others... for her on my keyboard some day!

Which I plan on doing....
Thanks again for the efforts.

#319161 - 03/13/11 11:12 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Man, for what I spent on seeing "Phantom" and "Les Miz" alone (10 times each), I could have a second car!
That music just grabs you from the inside out, doesn't it?
Good stuff.

#319166 - 03/13/11 12:09 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Telmo...another very impressive performance indeed.

You are an awesome player.

Ian

#319170 - 03/13/11 04:16 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: ianmcnll]
Telmo Offline

Hi to all, I dropped by just to thank for all the kind comments:
DENNIS, let me try to clarify for you about the actual creation of the vid clip itself: I use 2 handycams (Sony Hdr-Xr550v)for filming my hands playing the keyboard and another from bird-view for the Tyros screen panel. At the same time I record the audio using the Tyros4 Audio-recorder-player. When it's done, I export the audio-recording to my pc along with the 2 videos. Then I use the Corel VideoStudio ProX3 editor to sync the 2 videos with the audio, and after that I start overlaying the pictures, images and graphics. If I break down this whole process in detail would be: When I choose a tune, usually it takes 3 to 4 days to learn it how to play. One more day to prepare the suitable style, multipads, registration. Then I write everything down, the chords, the style, the registrations, etc. After 3 to 4 days of studying the chosen tune, I then prepare myself for recording the video. Then it takes one more day to sync everything up on the pc using the videoStudio ProX3, also I surf on the net searching for images, pictures(wallpapers) to add to the video. Then, when it's done, it's time to upload on Youtube where it takes about 10 to 11 hours for the processing. And finally in one week, the job is done. Dennis, Tyros4 is a great musical tool. You should try one out for yourself extensively to make sure it's suitable for you.It might be, it might be not. Your call.
TONY, thank you so much once again for the kind words.
LEE S., I'm so glad you and your wife enjoyed the video. It really paid off the 6 days it took me to put it all together. I had a great time, and now that I know you liked, I feel like a winner.
NIGEL, thank you twice, first for having enjoyed the video, and secondly for having fixed the link to the video so it embedded correctly. I couldn't figured it out before.
BILL, LARRY, VICTOR, GARY, IAN, UNCLE DAVE, Thank you guys so much for the kind words. It's an honour to receive such kind of comments from skillful musicians as yourselves. Thanks a lot.
PS: VICTOR, thanks for regarding my Country. You are right about saying Tyros4 is too much expensive in Brazil. I could only afford Tyros4 because I sold my Tyros3 for a good price.
PS:LEE, if you had Tyros4, I would glady share my settings with you. I could send you the Registrations and styles. Let me know if you become a Tyros4 owner someday.
Best wishes and happy playing to all of you. Telmo.

#319171 - 03/13/11 04:20 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
miden Offline

Thanks heaps Telmo...That seems like a pretty good system...

As far as the T4 (or any T series for that matter) the ONLY reason I have stuck to my Korg is the 76 keybed...

But how this T4 is sounding has me really questioning whether 76 notes IS all that essential...

Dennis

#319174 - 03/13/11 05:09 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
leeboy Offline

UD,
absolutely does! That's why I like & try to play that stuff...it's inspiring.

#319191 - 03/13/11 08:04 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: miden]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: miden
Thanks heaps Telmo...That seems like a pretty good system...

As far as the T4 (or any T series for that matter) the ONLY reason I have stuck to my Korg is the 76 keybed...

But how this T4 is sounding has me really questioning whether 76 notes IS all that essential...

Dennis

Dennis, the Tyros4 is much more than I thought it would be...I must say, it sounds incredible.

Regarding the Korg...wouldn't you miss the more powerful sequencer editing, as well as the extensive sound editing features on the PA2X/PA3x if you went to a Tyros4?

Mind you, the sounds in the T4 are so darn good, they don't need much editing...or any editing, in my opinion.

I'm very much looking forward to your impressions of the Tyros4 after you've had a good play on it...I think you'll really like the sound (and styles) a lot...would that be enough to make up for the less extensive editing features?

Ian

As you may notice, I'm pretty darn impressed with this instrument...I was hoping I wouldn't be, so I could stay with the PSR-S910...so much for that plan!

#319193 - 03/13/11 08:13 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
miden Offline

Ian I do ALL my work on the PC. And for a lot of my original backing tracks I use VST sounds to create the MP3. I even do all my midi work on the PC using all my Korg definitions and CC setups. I really only ever use the sequencer on the Korg for minor final tweaks.

As for sounds, I pretty much run with what has already been provided on-board. I have never been much into sampling or creating patches. It's too hard nowadays. Back with the old JX3p and the PG200 it was EASY!!

So editing on an actual keyboard is not my thing. Even with my Yammie ES and XS I had, I still did all the work on PC smile

The only thing I need to clarify is whether a user registration can be recalled via MIDI.. Scott was not sure. I know on the Motif's, a Master can be recalled via midi...but it's been too long since I had the T2 to remember.

Dennis

#319227 - 03/14/11 09:16 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
leeboy Offline

Telmo,
GREAT! I'm glad I suggested it...as it sounds like many did enjoy it as well. I thought I might be the only one on here that liked that kind of music!
And, I'm glad you enjoyed doing it as well....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online