SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#319197 - 03/13/11 08:48 PM Telmo's inspiration?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yup, it's me about 2o+ years ago. I started doing 7-10 minute dinner show medley's in this one historic restaurant I played in for a long time, and it became so popular with the regulars that I needed costumes, lights and props to make it work. I did Les Miz, Oklahoma, Guys and Dolls, South Pacific, but by far the most appreciated and widest appeal was the Phantom. I even hung a life size dummy from the rafters - it was quite the spectacle! I still perform the medley, but rarely don the cape and mask anymore. What fun that was ....

Attachments
UncleD.jpg

#319200 - 03/14/11 01:03 AM Re: Telmo's inspiration? [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Very nice picture, David.

Please, please...pretty please....share your latest performance of the medley of music from Phantom with us...I'll bet Telmo would love to hear what his awesome Yamaha Tyros4 performance has inspired in SZ's resident thespianistic singer/arranger player.

At last, we (or, at the very least, I ) can get to hear the "Blue Baby" (or is it "Baby Blue") Korg in all it's drama and majesty...as well as your exceptional vocal talent.

Ian the Anxious

#319203 - 03/14/11 04:49 AM Re: Telmo's inspiration? [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Ian you havnt lived till you hear Dave's version of
"Music of the Night"!!

#319204 - 03/14/11 04:51 AM Re: Telmo's inspiration? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Oh my, Ian ... how does one turn down a invitation so filled with flattery and compliments? I would be happy to record the Phantom medley for you. Please let me brush up on it a bit and when the mood is right, I'll get my Broadway on for ya!
**disclaimer**
The Medley is 90% vocals and only 10% arranger - in fact I only use the rhythm for the main theme - the rest is done with piano and strings, or the pipe organ.
I'll get on it!
Thanx again.

#319206 - 03/14/11 05:23 AM Re: Telmo's inspiration? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Hi David,
if my video has brought back sweet old memories to you, I feel good about it. And like Ian has requested, please share with us your talent playing the Phantom medley. Specially using your Korg keyboard, it must be a treat. I'll be looking forward to it. Best regards, Telmo.

#319226 - 03/14/11 09:13 AM Re: Telmo's inspiration? [Re: Uncle Dave]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dave,
I'm sure it will be great, and I will enjoy it...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online