SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#319087 - 03/12/11 09:11 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Good performance..I did notice a video splice at 3.46 what happened there?

#319093 - 03/12/11 11:10 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Telmo, having attended Phantom of the Opera both on Broadway in NYC and here in San Francisco,
I think you've truly captured the essence and magic of Andrew Lloyd Weber's music, and
willing to bet Mr. Weber himself would be impressed and honored by your rendition as well. Bravo! clap

#319101 - 03/12/11 02:26 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Hi, just wish to Thank for the kind comments and compliments.
Jedi(GARY), thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad you liked it. Now, you mentioned about speakers, I do have a pair of Peavey KB/A100, but the recording is done through the Tyros Audio-Recorder-Player, and then I export the audio to a usb-stick and transfer to my pc. Best wishes.
DNJ, thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your compliments.
TONY HUGHES, Thanks a lot for your double posting and for the high remarks about my performance. Your kind comments pay off my work in the end. Best regards. Telmo.
DIKI, thank you for your kind word. Now, as you can see, I rely a lot on Multipads, they enable me to create those backing melodies and specialFX. Of course, I pre-record them first and sync them with each registrations. Some voices are factory ones, while others are uvn samples from my collection. Best regards.
MIKEY, thank you for the kind word. May God bless you too.
STEPHENM, thanks for your kind words and compliments. All the best.
SAXXMAN(RANDY), I appreciate your kind comments and complients. Thanks a lot. Best wishes.
MIDEN, Thank you for your kind words. You are right. I was playing on Registration 4 and I should hit reg. 5, but, by mistake I hit reg. 3, then I hit quickly the correct reg.5. It happened a delay, and I had to cut the moment I hit reg. 3,otherwise it would look strange due to that mistake. That's why there is a video splice, I didn't want to redo all the music because of that little mistake of mine.Sorry about it. Best regards.
SCOTT, thank you so much for your compliment. I myself honoured by your very kind words. Best regards.
Telmo.

#319103 - 03/12/11 03:34 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Thanks Telmo..It wasn't a major thing. The playing and setup of your T4 WAS a major thing...just superb!!

And you played it well too. I was more asking from an interest in the actual creation of the vid clip itself smile

The more I hear this Yamaha T4, I tell you, it IS getting very tempting....

Dennis

#319118 - 03/12/11 07:10 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Telmo
Hi, just wish to Thank for the kind comments and compliments.
Jedi(GARY), thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad you liked it. Now, you mentioned about speakers, I do have a pair of Peavey KB/A100, but the recording is done through the Tyros Audio-Recorder-Player, and then I export the audio to a usb-stick and transfer to my pc. Best wishes.
DNJ, thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your compliments.
TONY HUGHES, Thanks a lot for your double posting and for the high remarks about my performance. Your kind comments pay off my work in the end. Best regards. Telmo.
DIKI, thank you for your kind word. Now, as you can see, I rely a lot on Multipads, they enable me to create those backing melodies and specialFX. Of course, I pre-record them first and sync them with each registrations. Some voices are factory ones, while others are uvn samples from my collection. Best regards.
MIKEY, thank you for the kind word. May God bless you too.
STEPHENM, thanks for your kind words and compliments. All the best.
SAXXMAN(RANDY), I appreciate your kind comments and complients. Thanks a lot. Best wishes.
MIDEN, Thank you for your kind words. You are right. I was playing on Registration 4 and I should hit reg. 5, but, by mistake I hit reg. 3, then I hit quickly the correct reg.5. It happened a delay, and I had to cut the moment I hit reg. 3,otherwise it would look strange due to that mistake. That's why there is a video splice, I didn't want to redo all the music because of that little mistake of mine.Sorry about it. Best regards.
SCOTT, thank you so much for your compliment. I myself honoured by your very kind words. Best regards.
Telmo.

Telmo,

There are very few professionals in this World who are Gentlemen and unassuming, you are certainly one of them.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#319124 - 03/12/11 07:38 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Telmo,
Thanks so much for putting together the 'Wishing you were somehow here again' I had hoped you wouldn't forget my request.
It was Super! Certainly one of my favories of ALW.
I liked your rendition very much...and I have heard just about every one ever done.
I, Like Diki, would also like to know more details about the sounds, styles, performamce changes multi-pads etc. on how this is done on T4.

Also, seems like you memorized that piece pretty fast??

Great work!

#319141 - 03/13/11 04:24 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: leeboy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That is great Telmo. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I really enjoyed it and it shows the T4 to be a very capable instrument.

( By the way I fixed the link to the video in your post so it embedded correctly, the problem was just due to a space at the end of the link )

#319147 - 03/13/11 08:24 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
That is just incredible. Man, you got it going on! Beautiful!

#319150 - 03/13/11 09:00 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: Telmo]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I'm Speechless...

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#319153 - 03/13/11 09:15 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera on Tyros4 - dedicated to Lee [Re: lahawk]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Telmo very good performance!! I'm glad to hear someone in South America is playing a Tyros 4. You may be one of the few owner (if any) on this side of the planet where it is extremely expensive smile

Keep the good work.

Victor

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online