SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3187 - 12/03/03 03:36 PM Searching for synth techniques website
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Do you often find yourself listening to Kraftwerk or William Orbit and wondering "How did they create that strange sound?"? I know I do!

Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you guys knew any good sites that give tutorials on synth technique.

I'm not interested in chord progressions or anything like that- you can find that kind of info everywhere. I'm more interested in finding out how to create interesting sounds on a synth.

So far I've only ever read one single article that talked about some fancy tricks you could do with an LFO and a cut off dial. It was a really educational read and I just wish there was more of that kind of material around.

[This message has been edited by Equalizer (edited 12-03-2003).]

#3188 - 12/03/03 07:23 PM Re: Searching for synth techniques website
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I don't know any sites, but I've been programming and making sounds all my life (aside from being a producer and a crazy guitar player).
If you want to know how a specific sound was made - you can always ask me.
I like a challenge.
As for kraftwerk and William Orbit...
They aren't all that complex. In fact most of their stuff is pretty straight forward.
That's just an opinion of a knob tweaking
psycho, so if you do find Kraftwerk all that great - don't listen to me, listen to Kraftwerk instead!

-ED-

#3189 - 12/04/03 02:51 PM Re: Searching for synth techniques website
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Great!

In that case I'll definately take you up on that offer.

Off the top of my head there is (probably!) about 20 different types of sounds that I am desperate to learn how to make. Just tweaking and hoping for the best is a strategy that has been getting me nowhere, so this is all very exciting!

What I'll do is, I'll upload some sound clips that demonstrate the sounds that I'm after, and it's a case of, let's see if anyone can work them out!

I know it's a totally tall order, but if you or anyone could explain even how to make even a couple of these sounds then it would be pretty amazing from my perspective.

Right now I'm wrestling with a CD I'm meant to be putting together for an audition next Tuesday, but as soon as that's out of the way I'll definately put this website together.

So... thanks again, I'm totally excited and I look forward to continuing with this conversation on Wednesday.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online