Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#318600 - 03/07/11 01:29 PM Re: Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll...? [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
Originally Posted By: DonM
I made many decisions based on letting the wrong head do the thinking. Somehow it eventually turned out right, but there many bends in the road.

I think they have stints that can fix those bends now, don't they? rotf2

Well I have one in my heart. So far no where else!
DonM

#318601 - 03/07/11 01:33 PM Re: Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll...? [Re: captain Russ]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I think I have the opposite of an addictive personality...whatever that is. (Except when it comes to Pittsburgh Penguins hockey.)

smile

When it came to giving up cigarettes, weed, boos, etc. it was as easy as changing my socks. I always looked at them as a device that made me feel good, but never as the ONLY device that could make me feel good.

What's better than a C major chord? To my mind, not much...

I have a daughter who is currently in a methodone program to get her off pills. 8 months and she's doing really well.

I consider my self very lucky and my heart goes out to anyone who has to fight that fight...

Edited by Bill in Dayton (03/07/11 01:33 PM)

#318603 - 03/07/11 01:42 PM Re: Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll...? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Bill, do you realize that your Synthzone Profile "Mood Smiley" shows you as feeling: 'sick'? sick

You can change your mood:

The smiley icon setting link is situated near the top of the main Synthzone forum page directly to the right of the words:

"Welcome" - "your user name" - "Logout" - + smiley icon.

Click on 'down arrow' to the right of this to change the smiley icon mood.
This is then reflected in the icon that appears next to your avatar pic + username in your profile, and in all your posts as well. cool

#318605 - 03/07/11 01:53 PM Re: Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll...? [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Never did drugs--never had the desire. Booze, I can take it or leave it. Haven't been blasted on booze since 1967, and a couple weeks ago I gave up Kickapoo Joy Juice--booze, even home made, is getting much too expensive. Just read a sign that says beer is cheaper than gasoline so drink--don't drive! Sex. Ah yes, sure brings back some fond memories.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#318606 - 03/07/11 01:59 PM Re: Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll...? [Re: travlin'easy]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Never did drugs--never had the desire. Booze, I can take it or leave it.
Other than the fact that booze is legal, I thought these were both one and the same. juggle

#318607 - 03/07/11 02:12 PM Re: Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll...? [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Never did drugs--never had the desire. Booze, I can take it or leave it.
Other than the fact that booze is legal, I thought these were both one and the same. juggle

Not really, Scott. Some folks can easily become addicted to anything--even soap operas and comic books. Most of the time they can walk away with no ill effects--even with booze. One load of crack and you're addicted. Working in inner city hospitals for 15 years opens your eyes to a lot of things. You had to be there to know the difference between what life is like for a crack-head and a drunk. The drunks usually survived--the crack-heads usually didn't.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#318634 - 03/07/11 11:18 PM Re: Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll...? [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

I keep thinking that bass player is gonna smack Ian Dury in the back of the head lmao.

#318635 - 03/08/11 12:16 AM Re: Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll...? [Re: Scottyee]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Scottyee

Yes of course they are. And the addiction is completely due to whether they have an addictive personality or not. I have known some people to drink, use heroin, smoke crack without ever getting addicted and just walk away. There is no drug that is a one time sure addiction for all. Then with others it is a completely different story. It all depends on the person. Most of us have indulged in a number of substances over our lives without problems. Many of those that didn't cope probably aren't around online to even respond. The only reason alchoholics survive longer is due to the legality and lower cost of supporting their habit. But addictive personalities seem susceptible to most substances. The only substance I ever had a long time issue with was tobacco ... not that I found it all that addictive but years ago it was acceptable behaviour which made it easier to continue it. Now the thought of sitting in a room full of smoke is appalling.
smoke

#318641 - 03/08/11 03:31 AM Re: Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll...? [Re: Nigel]
Bachus Offline

My only addictions where my smoking habbit (quit smoking 30 pounds ago) and my obsession for beautifull woman..

My abuse of alcohol, weed(lives near Amsterdam) and unhealthy food was more like a wrong habbit to me then actually being addicted..

Music has allways been a tool for me to either show my emotions od to change them... Playing the right music makes me relax and turns a smile on my face...

With age comes wisdom, and these days i work out a lot enjoy healthy food accompanied by an occasionall glass of wine.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#318662 - 03/08/11 12:02 PM Re: Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll...? [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Well, I started smoking when I was 15, quit when I was 30 - almost 40 yrs ago ... now I smoke cigars, but only outside, usually on the golf course or when doing yard work ... had my first in 3 months yesterday, so you can tell it's not a major thing ... never got into ANY drugs, although it was all around ... none of the other guys in the band did either, and we looked after each other ... raised on rock n roll guitar keys drums singer cool ... sex?!? ... what's that ????? confused1
True story ... started dating Lydia when she was still in high school ... the night of her senior prom, the band had a gig playing a college dance ... of course I took her to the prom, but afterward we made a stop where the band was playing ... we walk in and there is a girl draped over the drummer - while he is playing, and another standing next to the sax player ... it was difficult convincing her that didn't happen every gig !!! ... party

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online