SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#318457 - 03/06/11 07:18 AM Does Audya have better MIDI sounds to match files?
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada

What I mean exactly is there are certain songs, especially new ones that I have purchased from places like Hittrax that use special sounds like "wind" and "explosion" in songs like Firework by Katy Perry. I still use the SD1 currrently..and they don't work on it. It comes up "empty sound" or something...

Besides that, the SD1 I have is still really buggy..I can't save that song without the instruments changing to something different at the beginning as well as the volumes starting at a different level then the original, and the chorus effect dials up which in my case reduces the volume. I have to transpose and mute melody lines each time I play a song..can't "save" it for convenience.

Anyway the Audya is in the cards and I'm hoping all of these minor annoyances will be a non-issue in the new keyboard...but to my first question..will the "wind" and "explosion" work?

#318470 - 03/06/11 10:40 AM Re: Does Audya have better MIDI sounds to match files? [Re: justforfun000]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have an Audya 76 and in my manual under technical tables/ GM Voices, Bank C lists #106 Explosion and #127 Wind.

Whether your midi will automatically play these, I don't know. All I can say is that I have found my midi's sound better on my Audya than my Roland G70 of Technics KN7000, and these boards are up there with the best. This is without using live guitars and drums, which you can do also.

I have not found any mismatching of instruments with good quality midi's.

Bernie

Edited by Bernie9 (03/06/11 10:43 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online