Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#317768 - 02/27/11 08:06 AM a better PA3X demo
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
see what you all think

http://www.youtube.com/user/StrumentiMusicaliTV#p/u/0/SLrRXqUlrwM

its in italian . They have focused heavily on the new SV1 piano and Eps.

The chord recognition is really odd. I dont know if the demonstrator has ever played an arranger before but his timing stinks in terms of smooth transition from one chord to another. What you will be able to tell clearly from the sound which is professionally recorded is that this is non T4 Killer.

The T4 still is the best sounding arranger on the market today.

there was no sign of DNC as far as i could tell which again does not surprise me.

I am no more disapointed than i was from the first demos of the PA3X earlier at Namm. There is nothing new here.

the styles he used are the same as the PA1X but some of the drum kits have been substituted

Edited by spalding1968 (02/27/11 08:08 AM)

#317769 - 02/27/11 08:22 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Originally Posted By: spalding1968
...this is non T4 Killer.

The T4 still is the best sounding arranger on the market today.

I can only say this is quite a bold statement.

#317775 - 02/27/11 09:14 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
spalding1968 Offline

Your right Adimatis and i hope i dont need to add the words that it is just my opinion because clearly this is just my opinion :-).

If there is a real world instrument on the PA3X that sounds equal to or better than the equivalent on the T4 i would like to hear it.

#317776 - 02/27/11 09:16 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

this demo is pretty disappointing I agree. On the other hand it will provide me with a lot of work , similar to the programming I did for the PA-500!!!!. Seems like many of the preset resources, STS, etc. can and should be improved, nothing new there....

However, it is still jumping to conclusions. In response to a query of mine to German programmer Jurgen Satorius asking in how far the multisamples were different in number compared to the PA-2X, he sent me the following reply:

"...there are 886 multisamples in the PA-3X, many of which consist of several single samples.
No index yet, but fact is that the total of PCM sounds is twice as large as in the PA/2X. So a lof of new stuff there !.......`

greetings,
John Smies

#317778 - 02/27/11 09:30 AM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
spalding1968 Offline

how many of those samples are already in the PA2X ? how many of them were used to make up the SV1 piano and EP sounds. If they have sampled new sounds it is not evident in what we have heard so far. I am not doubting the number of samples but the quality of the sampling and programming.

People such as yourself John and sharp from Korg forums will have a healthy future ahead if korg keep putting out instruments like this that really could sound so much better, should sound so much better with all the instrument already is capable of and yet they just dont sound better than the yamaha.

#317786 - 02/27/11 02:47 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Very disappointing indeed cry

#317790 - 02/27/11 05:05 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Like so many others here, I had very high hopes and excitement about eventually purchasing a Pa3x back in Dec, and was then planning to hold off on a TOTL keyboard upgrade until Namm, when more solid info would be known what it would actually include, especially considering the speculation floating about that the Pa3x woud be a major upgrade from thePa2x. I only opted to upgrade to Tyros 4 sooner because I received an early Christmas check from Santa and couldn't keep it in my pocket, and also realizing back then that the Pa3x probably wouldn't be available in stores till April-May 2011, giving me 5-6 months to test drive the Tyros 4. Fast forward to today, and I'm happy to report that I'm happier with my Tyros 4 than I ever expected, and that my interest now in purchasing a Pa3x, after talking and dicussing about it with friends that saw and played it live at Namm, watching the original uncompresses HD videos they shot, and now watching this latest video here from Italy has me very let down of any hopes that The Pa3x will be any more than a minor upgrade from the Pa2x, similar to what Tyros 3 was compared to Tyros 2, and which was the reason I passed on a Tyros 3, and waited to purchase Tyros 4 instead. cool

At this point, short of a miracle, I doubt The Pa3x will have much to offer for Pa2x owners other than the Chord Sequencer and a few 'catch up' to Yamaha features such as fill to self. The bigger interest will come from people who don't already own a Korg arranger, and that still 'might' include me.

#317791 - 02/27/11 05:23 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: Scottyee]
FransN Offline

It is not really the PA3x that disappoint me but the people who demonstrate the PA3X. I really like many of the sounds I hear in this demo and a lot are new sounds. But the guy can't play an arranger so again bad advertising for Korg.

#317792 - 02/27/11 05:24 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: spalding1968]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
In all honesty,I think the PA3X will have plenty to offer for PA2 owners and others.

Korg has lots of talent, let's don't forget that..and they knew how the T4 was doing before they announced PA3X.

I am only theorizing...but it's educated :-)

The real qustion is this:
Will the PA3X be what I want for my own needs. Will the sounds be good enough? I already know the features are top notch and above all others...(If you need deep features) BUT the sound? The sound will be it for me this time.

So far the demos are terrible, this last one did show some hope.
The problem for me is the kids that are doing these demo's..No one is playing the type of music I like. Completely opposite of T4 demos & songs on Youtube etc. where I can hear many I like.

And no one has done a complete run through of the sounds top to bottem.

#317794 - 02/27/11 05:30 PM Re: a better PA3X demo [Re: leeboy]
FransN Offline

And Lee have you noticed how clean the sounds are. Almost no effects and reverb. The piano in the beginning has no effect at all and sound great to me.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online